• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Jackets 10/12 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The 25th Anniversary season begins at home.

Another season of high expectations, another season of significant roster turnover. Gone are Trocheck, Niederreiter, Domi, Lorentz, DeAngelo, Cole and Smith. In are Stastny, Kase, Burns, Coghlan, de Haan, with Pacioretty waiting in the wings. Can KK replace Trocheck? Can Necas climb out of the funk that plagued him all of last season? Can Stastny replace Niederreiter on Staal’s line? Will the 3rd pairing be a revolving door? Here is how they lined up at practice yesterday. I’d expect the same tonight, although Martinook, who was ineligible to practice, could replace Noesen.

Teravainen - Aho - Jarvis
Svechnikov - Kotkaniemi - Necas
Stastny - Staal - Fast
Noesen - Stepan - Kase

Slavin - Burns
Skjei - Pesce
de Haan - Chatfield

Columbus went through some changes of their own. Most significantly and surprisingly, they added Johnny Gaudreau. The aging Erik Gudbranson joins the blue line. But they lost Oliver Bjorkstrand to Seattle for 2 picks. After missing 26 games last season, Patrik Laine is healthy. He scored 26 goals last season, but 21 of them came in a 29 game stretch. So he only scored 5 in the other 27 games, including just 1 in his last 12 games.

Even though the team switched to home black jerseys this year, they’ll be wearing the new/old reds tonight. I saw a tweet last night that SRO tickets were being sold. So an overflow crowd, combined with the usual early season parking and entrance snafus, could lead to long lines. Pack your patience and plan accordingly.

My big request for the season ...

Can we on this board agree amongst ourselves that, while it's important that Necas and Kotkaniemi be productive this season, it is not so important that we can't wait until around Thanksgiving to judge progress? Because if every single game is going to be a referendum on those two, I'll lose my mind by Halloween.

Does anyone remember the local rock band that played a Hurricanes song in the arena at the start of a period? This was like a decade ago.

Aaron Portzline, who covers the Jackets for The Athletic tweeted thst Elvis has left the building. He’s sick and won’t play. We’ll see backup Daniil Tarasov and Jet Greaves has been recalled from Cleveland to back up.

It's like Christmas morning...another hockey season is here!!! I am excited to see this team do what they are capable of, let's hope for a healthy season, an amazing outdoor game, a Metro division title, a long playoff run and a sip from Lord Stanley! Too many good players and depth on this team to lay an egg! Bring the house down tonight and start the season with a big W!

Chip says the lines are thus at the skate:

Teravainen-Aho-Jarvis
Svechnikov-Kokaniemi-Necas
Stastny-Staal-Fast
Martinook-Stepan-Kase

Slavin-Burns
Skjei-Pesce
de Haan-Chatfield

On this 25th anniversary season, can we revive this old banger?

The best video version of that song was when they went around town having the public and some local celebrities sing along...Johnny Sideburns and Chuck K dancing to that song was priceless.

The best video version of that song was when they went around town having the public and some local celebrities sing along...Johnny Sideburns and Chuck K dancing to that song was priceless.

Wow that’s a where are they now blast from the past. Love it!

Far Too Jones! That's it.

Bask in the '90s-est rock that ever '90s-ed:

Not my thing, but it may be yours. Who knows, maybe they even played your prom at Broughton HS back in '96?

Back