• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Rangers 2/11 7:00

December 30th was the last time Svech scored a goal…16 games ago…that can’t happen to an All Star down the stretch and into the playoffs.
FTFY

Break's obviously over guys, wake TF up and play like a division leader (while you've still got it).

N.Y. picked up a nice fit to improve their team. I'm pulling for D.W. to shuffle the deck here to help flush that anemic powerplay. Powerplay's not an advantage if you can't do anything with it.

Jim

Witnessing the total collapse in the 3rd was tough to watch - especially with a large crowd of Ranger fans around us. It's hard to explain, except that we constantly allowed the Rangers to get open in dangerous spots around our net - and they have some deadly shooters who know how to convert chances into goals. Unlike us, where in the first 15 minutes of the game we totally dominated but couldn't convert. The ridiculous PP in the 3rd seemed like a turning point for me. Our PP is an energy vampire that sucks the life out of our overall play. I guess if we're going to end a streak, do it in the most embarrassing way possible. Maybe that will be a motivator for this team.
Somehow, Chatfield was +2 last night. Pesce and Skjei offset that with a gaudy -4. And there was some home cooking on the 3 stars. Panarin, Trocheck and…Teravainen?

Jeez, but there was a lot of very weird energy in the building last night ... especially for a random Saturday night in February. The Canes looked VERY rusty, and NY looked VERY tired but the tired legs got going eventually while the rust was a little tougher to shake. Somebody called it a scheduled loss, and that's absolutely true. Maybe Carolina gets a chance to gut that one out against a bad team but the Rangers are not one of those. Nor are they as good as they looked in the 3rd when the Canes fell apart trying to push too hard on a night when nobody was really feeling it.

My advice? Put it in the book, turn the page and go play better on Tuesday.

Back