• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Rangers 3/23 7:00

They lost their signal for a little while there. Maybe they lost it again and gave us commercials until they could get it back? And yeah, I was also surprised that the boys killed a 5 on 3. Good period. 12 to 3 in shots, kilt a 5 on 3, and up 1 to nuthin in the ol' scoreboard where it matters the most.

Don't know how much money Bally's paying to associate their company name with Sinclair's "crappy, pixelated, signal that craps out every night" network, but I guess it simultaneously 1) wasn't enough to keep 'em out of bankruptcy and 2) was too much for such a net negative name-impression value they're getting...

Let’s go boys beat these bums and send their fans home sad. Maybe they’ll go all the way home and stay up there.

Well, eff this ess. Michigan State screwed the pooch too. After the last horribly effing 24 hours, the cold, uncaring universe friggin owed me.

I just got home and missed the game. Based on statistics, it looks like the goalies were the difference. Is my read correct?

I definitely agree with this.

Barring Freddie dominating on the way to a Stanley Cup victory, I expect Kotchtkov will be the backup and we will consider every option for a 50 game starter that is out there.

UFA goalies? As of today that list not including Freddie and Raanta:

Jonathan Quick
Semyon Varlamov
Jonathan Bernier
Cam Talbot
Tristan Jarry
Alex Nedeljkovic
Laurent Brossoit
James Reimer
Adin Hill
Martin Jones
Jaro Halak
Craig Anderson
Joonas Korpisalo
Thomas Greiss
David Rittich
Brian Elliott

Not a lot of good options on that list. If we are approaching July 1 without a goalie locked down expect plenty of chatter about Varlamov and the Canes and plenty of pundits talking about the Canes trading for the likes of John Gibson or other goalies getting paid big money with lots of term left for subpar performance.

We definitely need to ramp up Freddie's workload in the next 3 weeks. Roddy definitely doesn't listen to me, but there are 12 regular season game left. I would start Freddie in 8 of those games

Tonight, Sunday, Tue Mar 28, Thr March 30, Sun Apr 2, Tue Apr 4, Sun Apr 8, Tue Apr 11. That would leave this Saturday (back to back), Sat Apr 1 (back to back), Thr Apr 6, and Mon Apr 10 (back to back) for Kochetkov and Raanta (if he is going to return).
Trade for Gibson or make the huge splash if Philly makes Carter Hart available, get him!

Despite the loss, the Canes clinched their 5th straight playoff appearance. The Panthers lost to the Leafs in regulation and max out at 99 points.

I just got home and missed the game. Based on statistics, it looks like the goalies were the difference. Is my read correct?
I thought the Canes played well, turning point for me was the golden chance on a tee to Pool Party to make it 2-0 but Shesterkin stole the show with that save. The shots favored the Canes two to one most of the night but again no finish around the net with those chances. Four point swing the wrong way sucks because 10 up on the Rags would have finished them off.

Back