• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Rangers 3/23 7:00

Typical Canes loss— dominated play, won face offs, stellar PK and no scoring…

There were great looks, open nets and an inability to convert. Jarvis has to convert or it’s time to bounce him off the top line.
Definitely been a sophomore slump for Jarvis. I agree that he needs to be moved out of the top 6. Give Jack a shot playing in the top 6. Like I’ve said before, I fully expected #24 to put up at least 55 points this season. If a player is playing in the top 6, they must produce. Age and experience do not matter.

Typical Canes loss— dominated play, won face offs, stellar PK and no scoring…

There were great looks, open nets and an inability to convert. Jarvis has to convert or it’s time to bounce him off the top line.
Good summary. Freddie was good tonight, but we won't win many games if we only score one goal. A couple of observations from the PNC:

- Too many Rags fans in the stands - nothing new there
- Great 1st period and Aho looked deadly on that goal shot
- The 5-3 penalty kill was amazing and generated one of the loudest eruptions I've seen in the arena all year long
- Jarvis was running around like a chicken with its head cut off - he's playing hard but not connecting on passes or shots
- Apparently cross-checking and boarding is in the eye of the beholder (refs suck)
- We couldn't generate many good chances in the 3rd and when we did, we couldn't convert

Yeah, New York had two extended periods of pressure and scored on them both. Carolina had a freaking infinite number of those and managed one goal. The special teams were a wash because both teams sucked on their power plays ... in different ways. So, pretty much the same old, same old. The Rangers asked Shesterkin to play Superman and he kind of did, while Carolina asked Freddie to hold them to one and he failed. Ballgame.

Back