• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Sens 10/11 7:00

I was wondering. It’s a new year, fresh start. Does Jordo feel like it’s going to be more of the same in terms of his finishing ability? Or does he think maybe this is the year he’s going to find his scoring touch and light up the goal lights.
Jordan Staal? I mean, I guess he could get on a shooting percentage heater but 35 year old guys rarely divert too far from career norms.

Makes sense that Orlov would take some time getting used to the system and our forwards getting used to playing with him and knowing what he’s doing/going to do. Slavin got burned on a pinch too so thinking maybe they added some new wrinkles or likely just rusty on how they’re covering for each other.
One thing to keep in mind, Ottawa was always really good getting to their transition game and adding Tarasenko only made them better. They're gonna catch a lot of guys in awkward pinches this season. But, I'm still concerned with the lack of awareness I saw from the Orlov/DeAngelo pairing ... mostly on the part of Tony. Again, it's early but TDA isn't exactly a learner.

Jordan Staal? I mean, I guess he could get on a shooting percentage heater but 35 year old guys rarely divert too far from career norms.
I know. I’m just wondering what’s in his mind about it. Not thinking it’s going to be different significantly.

Once in a great while Jordan Staal dusts off a goal scoring skill that is worthy of a 2nd overall pick. He could score 30 if he could finish off more of the opportunities he gets.

That said, for the all the goal scoring Jordan Staal doesn't do, he is 5th in goals scored for his draft class, behind Phil Kessel, Brad Marchand, Jonathan Toews and Claude Giroux.

How about those goals by Skjei and Slavin last night? Those were both serious snipes!

Once in a great while Jordan Staal dusts off a goal scoring skill that is worthy of a 2nd overall pick. He could score 30 if he could finish off more of the opportunities he gets.

How about those goals by Skjei and Slavin last night? Those were both serious snipes!
Those were ... "oh, yeah. Korpisalo plays in Ottawa now" goals. He's always had that high short post hole.

Slavin’s release was forward-worthy. I feel like most of Skjei’s 18 goals last year were scored from the same spot he scored from last night.
We were talking about this last night at the game. Slavin has incredible accuracy when he has time and space.

Back