• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Sharks 10/27 7:00

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes look to start a winning streak against the woeful Sharks before an east coast roadie.

Most of last night’s game looked like the Canes we expected to see all season. KK’s line got us to overtime, and Necas ended it with just under 10 seconds to go. Something still isn’t right with Aho, he’s still not taking faceoffs. Maybe we see Svech tonight? No morning skate, so we won’t know until around 5. Expect Raanta in goal.

The Sharks got smoked in Tampa last night, 6-0. They’re the last winless team in the league and have only a shootout loss in the books. They’re nearing the end of an east coast roadie, stopping in Nashville on the way, hitting both Florida teams and finishing in DC on Sunday. They’re not scoring, only 8 in their 7 games and 3 of them came against the Canes. Fabian Zetterlund and Filip Zadina each have 2 goals, Tomas Hertl has 4 assists. They used both goalies last night, Blackwood started and gave up 5 goals on 21 shots and left 7 minutes into the 2nd. Kaapo Kahkonen came on in relief and gave up 1 goal on 10 shots. We won’t know which we face until late afternoon.

Black jerseys tonight. Bally Sports South for TV.

Here's to hoping that Mr. Svechnikov might get in tonight! Uncle Antti is a roller coaster ride in net...buckle up...

Uncle Antti is a roller coaster ride in net...buckle up...

giphy.gif

I feel like Svech will be out at least 1 more, I can't imagine he suddenly improved overnight, and with a night off he gets 3 more days of rest.
The Sharks are terrible and this is a quintessential trap game. Hopefully the Canes look like they should and blow the doors off of them. KK looked great last night and even TA made an actual defensive play that I noticed. Let's push for a continuation of what they did in the 3rd and OT for tonight.

Here's to hoping that Mr. Svechnikov might get in tonight! Uncle Antti is a roller coaster ride in net...buckle up...
Well, he's mostly been down so things have to start going back up at some point. Why not get it started with a nice showing against this one line mess of a San Jose team?

I feel like Svech will be out at least 1 more, I can't imagine he suddenly improved overnight, and with a night off he gets 3 more days of rest.
The Sharks are terrible and this is a quintessential trap game. Hopefully the Canes look like they should and blow the doors off of them. KK looked great last night and even TA made an actual defensive play that I noticed. Let's push for a continuation of what they did in the 3rd and OT for tonight.
Yeah, they’ll probably practice at least once before going to Philly on Tuesday, that may be the last hurdle.

Sounds like Svech is a go for tonight!

So he was probably ready yesterday, they just didn't want him to do the back-to-back for his first game action, rather to have a day off to evaluate how his knee did after first game back.

Tonight’s officials:

Referees:
Pierre Lambert #37, Francois St. Laurent #8

Linesmen:
Killian McNamara #93, Julien Fournier #56

The Canes went 2-1-1 with Lambert and 3-0 with St. Laurent last year.

Have to shoot a college basketball game tonight, so I’ll be missing this one live. Hopefully someone doesn’t blurt out the score in the pressroom like they did Saturday night. Actually, it was probably a blessing that they blurted out the score so I didn’t waste my time on that stinker.

Back