• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. Wild 1/19 7:00

And on the East side of the PNC Arena basement today:

Interesting. Dumba hasn't had a great season by any measure, but that hasn't stopped Evason from trotting him out there for 20+ minutes a night. Looking at The Athletic's player analysis, it appears that the biggest drop off in his game from last season is his penalty differential, which is hurting his overall defensive rating. Bottom line ... a lot of penalties get taken when Dumba has been on the ice. Again, not that his ice time has been adjusted. Maybe they're moving him, but I doubt it. They'd be selling low.

Lame Ass Power Play. No excuse for it to be that bad. Heck just run your regular offense. It’s better than that.

It started last season pretty well.. then dropped off in Feb and Died.... and so far has not recovered..

We need to not be thinking controlling play is the goal here Jordo. The point is to score more than the other team. Controlling play and the other team still being right there actually motivates the other team.

This team doesn’t want to work. They’re happy with low percentage shots into the goalie’s crest.

It started last season pretty well.. then dropped off in Feb and Died.... and so far has not recovered..
Other teams figured it out. We are not a threat to score from anywhere except in tight. No point threat. No half wall threat. Heck. Put Burns in the bumper position or circle with Pesce and Slavin at the points. Then Patches down low and whoever else.

Honestly the PP issue is the fact it's moving like Molasses at the South pole in June.. I could rotate over and cover the net.. And I can't really skate.

Honestly the PP issue is the fact it's moving like Molasses at the South pole in June.. I could rotate over and cover the net.. And I can't really skate.
They don’t know where to move fast to. Plus TT is against moving fast at any time.

A great power play is always moving and changing and adapting depending on how the opposing team is defending. I don’t see enough Canes willing to do the really hard work and establish that net front presence…a little from Noesen but not much.

Back