• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT | Game 5 | vs Los Angeles | Thursday, October 17th | 7:00 PM EST

A question some fans of this team, both here & elsewhere, are soon going to have to ask themselves:

How many players on this team are actually going to be contributors to a legitimate contending team?

For example, on D, I think there's only two players that might be here: Guhle & Hutson.

For forwards, I've always been the opinion Suzuki's a #2 center, not a #1. If he's your #1 center and you're trying to win, this is the Saku Koivu scenario all over again. I think Slafkovsky's the only forward on this team that's a legit first line player.
I concur.

Suzuki is what he is, which is great but not elite. Caufield is a nice piece to have but as a luxury item, not as a "we need this guy for us to win" type of player. Slaf is definitely the only one who will get close to elite for any extended period of time. Dach? Who the hell knows? Maybe, maybe not.

On D there is, as you said, Hutson and Guhle. Everyone else who might become something special, Reinbacher and Mailloux, are a year or 2 away from being NHL players. The other blue liners that we have right now are mid, at best. Matheson and Savard are on their last legs, Barron is garbage, Xhekaj is a 6th defenseman and only because he can beat people up, Struble is another bottom pair guy at best.

Too many holes in this roster.

re: St. Louis.

Most know my opinion on him, but let's play devil's advocate for discussion's sake... Y'all gonna start looking at the players soon?

Nope. This roster isn't good. It's why I'm not too bothered about the coach.

If you require the players to all be top notch then what's the point of a coach? A coach makes players better than they are, I'm not seeing it.

My expectations were already low for the season and I'm not seeing coaching impact on these awful games.

If you require the players to all be top notch then what's the point of a coach? A coach makes players better than they are, I'm not seeing it.

My expectations were already low for the season and I'm not seeing coaching impact on these awful games.
I'm not sure Dick Irvin Sr could make 11, 17 and 71 better

are we watching the same team? He had one decent game in Boston, 4 no shows
He is showing more than some of the guys who need to be showing more.

Dach: invisible
Suzuki: invisible
Slaf: half-assing it about half the time
Caufield: comme-ci, comme-ca but he is dependent on others in order to shine.
Newhook: probably the second-best in terms of effort next to Gallagher but not good enough either.

Those are the forwards that matter. The rest are doing what we expected them to do: be mediocre. Dvorak, Armia, Anderson, Evans. All mediocre.

Suzuki has 4 points in 5 games

Cole 5 in 5

Juraj 4 in 5

Dach is coming off missing a year, it will take him at least 25 games to get back to game shape

It is ridiculous to claim Gallagher has been better than Nick, Cole and Juraj

Suzuki has 4 points in 5 games

Cole 5 in 5

Juraj 4 in 5

Dach is coming off missing a year, it will take him at least 25 games to get back to game shape

It is ridiculous to claim Gallagher has been better than Nick, Cole and Juraj
They are getting points in games that they are not winning. They aren't putting out enough. I don't see any urgency or effort and at some point it will be up to MSL to be the bad cop and start bag skating some guys.

Back