• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT | Game 7 | vs New York Rangers | Tuesday, October 22nd | 7:15 PM EST

Not that they deserved to win because they didn't but Refs need to stop fucking with the flow of games. It's really frustrating to watch when they just completely blow a game with bad and non calls.

lol blatant head shot and the Rangers get the PP because Matheson stepped in.

This league is fucking crooked.
It's a joke. Easily rigged the way they call shit.
The NHL is a joke, but not for things like this.

Watch the replay and tell me where the foul is based on the rules in the NHL.

-Barron is looking down the hole time and doesn't see Trouba coming.
-At the moment Trouba takes initiative to make the hit, Barron still has the puck.
-At the moment of the hit itself, Barron has just gotten rid of the puck, but not long enough for it to be considered interference.
-When hit, Barron has his knees bent and is in a vulnerable position

This is not the IIHF where all hits to the head are not only a penalty, but a misconduct. The NHL rules in regards to headshots are for when the head is deliberately targeted.

NHL rules are as follows for checks to the head:

Rule 48 – Illegal Check to the Head
48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A hit resulting in contact with an opponent’s head where the head was the main point of contact and such contact to the head was avoidable is not permitted.

In determining whether contact with an opponent's head was avoidable, the circumstances of the hit including the following shall be
considered:
(i) Whether the player attempted to hit squarely through the opponent’s body and the head was not "picked" as a result of poor timing, poor angle of approach, or unnecessary extension of the body upward or outward.
(ii) Whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position by assuming a posture that made head contact on an otherwise full body check unavoidable.
(iii) Whether the opponent materially changed the position of his body or head immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit in a way that significantly contributed to the head contact.

---

Beyond whether you think it's a foul or not, that was really stupid, low IQ play by Barron.

He's skating head down, with no teammates around him, towards the biggest head hunter in the league who does half a dozen big hits every year. Barron needs to know better.

Your so dramatic, or should i say passionate
I'm not, I try to look at it with no emotions involved.

I've posted the NHL's rules and their rules state (see point ii above) that there are situations where a hit to the head can be accepted.

I don't agree with the NHL's rules; I find the IIHF's rules to be superior.

But are people mad at the hit, or the outcome? Or rather, the outcome to a player on the team they cheer for?

If Barron is upright and looking up, he gets hit in the chest and might have the wind knocked out of him. Unfortunately for him...

If you want to make that hit illegal, you are all but making open-ice hitting illegal because the head is almost always involved in those hits. I'm not opposed to it, personally.

I'm not, I try to look at it with no emotions involved.

I've posted the NHL's rules and their rules state (see point ii above) that there are situations where a hit to the head can be accepted.

I don't agree with the NHL's rules; I find the IIHF's rules to be superior.

But are people mad at the hit, or the outcome? Or rather, the outcome to a player on the team they cheer for?

If Barron is upright and looking up, he gets hit in the chest and might have the wind knocked out of him. Unfortunately for him...
100% i'm personally reacting cause i'm mad at the hit and outcome. I hate Trouba its not well thought out and reasoned at my end lol

I don't have much time nor a good opinion of Trouba. He's the dirtiest hitter in the league, with no close second. The league would be better without him and his ilk in it.

But purely on a rules standpoint, he was within the rules and if the rules were to be changed to remove hits to the head completely, hitting is going to disappear.

was at the game tonight...

I'll give Dach the benefit of the doubt (having been out all year last season).

Dvorak and Newhook are what they are....not sure why we traded draft picks to get Newhook....not one of Hughes best trades

Everyone complaining about the defense.....the defense cannot compensate for forwards losing pucks, making blind passes, not back-checking...the defense is a few years away from being good.....

Lane Hutson is amazing to watch....yes, he turns over the puck a lot....yes, he's not physical and he's small.....but he's got incredible talent, and i hope he doesn't get punished by coaching for his mistakes. LET HIM MAKE THESE MISTAKES, LET HIM LEARN AND GROW....

Back