• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT | Game 7 | vs New York Rangers | Tuesday, October 22nd | 7:15 PM EST

y'all wanted long term tanking, I warned you it could turn into Buffalo

You are watching history, first Canadien's ever to miss post season four in a row.

Season is over in October. Only 75 exhibition games left.
I warned you this fucken team was headed for a gut job , only Covid delayed it

There are no short cuts and you simply can’t accept it.

It will be over when it’s over , there are no other options like it or not

You are watching history, first Canadien's ever to miss post season four in a row.

Being the first ever Habs team to miss the playoffs in 4 straight years is no big deal when, like me, you view any season without a Cup parade at the end of it to be an abject and utter failure. Once again, you are merely agonizing over the degree of failure.

The reason we are where we are is because too many past GM's and coaches thought like you and defined success by making the playoffs instead of by winning championships. To you, missing the playoffs for 4 years means something. To me, this team has been a failure since 1994 so missing the playoffs for 4 years is no big deal. I don't care about making the post season until we have a team capable of doing more than just winning one round.

Would be what 9 years now of missed playoffs without Covid
Exactly. No one should care about how many consecutive years they've not made the playoffs. What they should care about is the fact that they haven't been a credible Cup contender since Patrick Roy was traded to Colorado. Focus on the macro, not the micro. In the broader context of being shit for 3 decades does it really matter if, within that 30 year span, you miss the playoffs 4 consecutive years? Would squeaking into 8th place and getting rinsed in the first round make any of these last 30 years better?

If you're going to suck then at least be good at sucking and get a top 5 pick.

Exactly. No one should care about how many consecutive years they've not made the playoffs. What they should care about is the fact that they haven't been a credible Cup contender since Patrick Roy was traded to Colorado. Focus on the macro, not the micro. In the broader context of being shit for 3 decades does it really matter if, within that 30 year span, you miss the playoffs 4 consecutive years? Would squeaking into 8th place and getting rinsed in the first round make any of these last 30 years better?

If you're going to suck then at least be good at sucking and get a top 5 pick.
I hope Hugo doesnt panic and go NERO stupid bandaiding again

The Flyers, who are definitely not tanking, but claim to to be "rebuilding" as well, are 1-4, and also complete crap. They went out and got Laine to be able to "be in the mix" this year, not their fault he got injured seriously before the season even started.

Last edited:
The worst part of this season so far is Reinbacher's injury and how it will likely delay his development, not what's happening in the games. Havig to use another high pick on a D would be disappointing.

Unless the d-man is overwhelmingly better than the forward options, the two first round picks have to be used on forwards.

There's a real depth problem at forward.

Back