• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Hurricanes vs Avalanche, 11/17, 7PM

So so typical of this team…. They outplayed Colorado all night long, consistently controlled the game, take 3-4 shots, Colorado crosses the line and takes one shot and scores. 🙄

Shane that’s BS. We didn’t outplay them. It’s a loss. They take too many low chance shots and they control the puck without being dangerous with the puck.

Colorado consistently dangerous with the puck.

Rod must have played a hunch in an effort to get Jarvis going, but on that pp late you needed a big body like Noesen in front on Francouz, you need that traffic in front because the guy was seeing everything at the top of his crease. The Canes refuse to get to the dirty areas to get those ugly goals most nights…that has to change.

Parking was atrocious again - and we missed our usual fast-exit parking lot. I thought 5-on-5 we were dominating, but we took way too many shots from the outside that were easily seen by Francouz. Almost no screens and when we did get in close our passes seemed to surprise the intended target. But our special team problems persist: PP suckage, PK leakage (although I thought the PK looked great for most of the game). I was mystified that Jarvis was on out in the OT - even before he fell down twice - he just isn't playing well.

My issue with Jarvis wasn’t that he fell the first time. He then proceeded to bust his ass to get the puck back. That was all good. The problem was he needed to change at that point instead of staying out offensively the next rush. He had to be gassed and that lead to him not being ready for the pass from Slavin the turnover and their goal.

Back