• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Hurricanes vs. Coyotes, 11/23, 7PM Eastern

jeffbear

Mod Squad
Staff member
OK, look ... I'm kinda on the ball here most of the time so forgive the lateness of the GDT. My son and his girlfriend are using my seats tonight so I'm not in pre-game mode.

Arizona sucks and is smack in the middle of a 14 (!) game road trip. Their second extended road trip of the year, waiting for their locker rooms to get finished, or whatever. Nobody cares anymore, and they've dropped four in a row, giving up four goals in each. Nice, because Carolina's still having issues putting the puck in the net. That's about it. I haven't looked for pre-game notes and won't be updating that. You guys can knock yourselves out on that. There's one really basic bottom line tonight for the Hurricanes ... don't lose to this sad sack piece of garbage team.

This is one time that I hope the Canes penchant for 'southern hospitality' doesn't rear its ugly head against a team we should damn well beat.

Last season I remember the Yotes were very resilient when playing in Carolina. Team, please don't underestimate them.

Last season I remember the Yotes were very resilient when playing in Carolina. Team, please don't underestimate them.
The home game, for sure. The Canes sleepwalked through most of the first two periods and made Vejmelka look like a freaking wall. Then they snapped out of it.

And I’m not in pre-game mode because I’m enjoying a very nice charcuterie board and Sonoma County Zinfandel in the courtyard of Seghesio Family Vineyards in Healdsburg, CA.
Hard to find much nicer places to be hanging out in than Healdsburg...enjoy!

P.S. I am not in pre-game mode either, as I'm in Denver--where my daughter lives--with my family for the holiday. Hope to have some time to watch tonight's game, however. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

We so need someone we could rely on to score. The PP is pathetic. We never seem to have someone perched in front of the AZ goal, waiting. Doesn’t happen. We just shoot from the periphery.

Back