• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Hurricanes vs. Coyotes, 11/23, 7PM Eastern

Arizona didn't earn a shutout. We gave it to them. Time for some trades, which will have to be even money given the cap situation. I'm not panicking - but I'm actually ready to panic. This run has been so bad. Forwards and PP need to change.

Briindy's posterior has to be getting REALLY warm about now. This is by far the worst roster Waddell has assembled. He made some major blunders last summer. And if Brindy can't fix the special teams and turn this around he won't be here in the summer.

This is truly terrible hockey. The record may be okay, but the quality of play, particularly of scoring, is abysmal. We're losing to the 32nd best team in the league. Does that put us 33rd? We've looked like it.
Not to mention, a team that’s been on the road for 8 games!!!

Arizona didn't earn a shutout. We gave it to them. Time for some trades, which will have to be even money given the cap situation. I'm not panicking - but I'm actually ready to panic. This run has been so bad. Forwards and PP need to change.
Easy to say make a trade but remember it takes 2 to tango So who do you want and What are you willing to pay Remember these teams are all going to Smell BLOOD in the water..

Arizona didn't earn a shutout. We gave it to them. Time for some trades, which will have to be even money given the cap situation. I'm not panicking - but I'm actually ready to panic. This run has been so bad.
It’s the way they have played that’s really concerning…so many no shows…like honestly has Stastny done anything? Jarvis with the way he has looked this year has earned a trip to Chicago, Burns with Slavin has been average at best…KK at almost $5 million for what exactly? It’s a shitshow right now and the pieces they hoped would all fit have not, that’s the bottom line.

Trades, no. That would mean Dunden made blunders, won’t happen. He’s assembled a playoff team and Brindy ruined it. Good by Brindy.

Easy to say make a trade but remember it takes 2 to tango So who do you want and What are you willing to pay Remember these teams are all going to Smell BLOOD in the water..
Trade players for picks and prospects. This core is flawed. It was one thing when they were willing to outwork the other team. Now they look like they think they earned the right not to have to work that hard.

Brindy isn’t going anywhere, and this bunch is going to have to figure it out for themselves, the only addition I see this team needing quickly is a better defenseman that can play in that bottom pair, they know Coghlan is useless and you need another guy that can play regular minutes because there is nothing in Chicago that can help.
You know the real winner tonight? Andyt…sipping on his wine and eating cheese and not watching this garbage. 😀

Stastny is wasting a roster spot. KK is a total bust. Turbo, when he's playing, isn't worth a top 6 spot. Burns is washed up. CDH is 3 years past his NHL level playing days. Peace isn't even average. Slavin looks affordable. Aho has 1 good multipoint game every 6-8 games. He's highly overpaid and overrated. I'd listen to any and every trade offer I could dig up. Draft picks would look great from any team with cap space. But honestly, were gonna be trading pylons for stiffs

Trade players for picks and prospects. This core is flawed. It was one thing when they were willing to outwork the other team. Now they look like they think they earned the right not to have to work that hard.
Stastny? Most teams won't pick him up on Waivers and if we send him down Who are we going to call up? Rees?
Seriously I don't disagree that there were some in hind sight terrible signing this offseason.
Stepan and Stastny haven't born out.
But 2/3rds of the team aren't playing well that isn't something that can be solved easily.
Burns Hasn't been as good as needed.
Slavin's been human
Skjei and Pesce also worse then last season..
Martinook is about the ONLY player playing better then last season.. (Necas too)

Trades are very hard to do during the regular season. I can see Jarvis being sent to Chicago for Rees. Jarvis can get his confidence back and Rees can get a shot. He’s a very gritty player. Is Kotkaniemi waiver exempt?

Stastny? Most teams won't pick him up on Waivers and if we send him down Who are we going to call up? Rees?
Seriously I don't disagree that there were some in hind sight terrible signing this offseason.
Stepan and Stastny haven't born out.
But 2/3rds of the team aren't playing well that isn't something that can be solved easily.
Burns Hasn't been as good as needed.
Slavin's been human
Skjei and Pesce also worse then last season..
Martinook is about the ONLY player playing better then last season.. (Necas too)
Enough with the positivity. We don’t have 1/3 of this team playing at all well.

Look, none of the canes can be traded except for maybe 7th round 2030 draft picks.
they aren’t performing, they are basically standing around watching. What one piece x’s be replaced? the coach.

Back