• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - JAN 10th 2014 -- LEAFS @ CAPS LTV 7PM EST

Just a thought... What was Komarov asking for before bolting to the KHL? $2M? Because Komarov @ $2M >>>>>>>>> Clarkson @ $5M.

What's most frustrating is 99% of this board predicted the Clarkson signing would turn out this way; have no idea what management saw in this guy to give him 7 yrs at $5.2 million. He has been awful

At this point its safe to say Komarov @ 5 million >> over Clarkson @ 2Million...

I did not think he'd be this bad.

Clarkson has just not been a fit. I think a big issue is how much better the Leafs are on the wing than the Devils were. New Jersey was a much better fit for Clarkson.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing:

"We're pretty happy. Our top nine (forwards), I think, will be pretty competitive," said Nonis, who also acquired centre Dave Bolland from Chicago at Sunday's NHL draft. "And our fourth line will be very hard to play against. I can tell you (Leafs coach Randy Carlyle) is happy with the options that we have right now, in a lot of different areas."

"I play a style of hockey where I try and come out every night and wear my heart on my sleeve. That's just the type of player I am," said Clarkson, who added he owned a Wendel Clark jersey when he was a kid. "I try and do different little things, whether it's scoring or hitting or pressure. Every game you go on that ice you need to play well, you need to do something. That's my plan. "My job is on the ice. I'm going to go out there every night and I'm going to give you everything I have," Clarkson said. "Am I perfect? No, but I'm going to go out there every night and play my game."

"Every night I'm going to put the hard hat on and go to work."

The seven-year term given to Clarkson is uncharacteristic of the Maple Leafs, but Nonis said the big forward would have gone elsewhere had the length of the deal been shorter.

"I believe he has a lot of good years left in him," Nonis said.

The one time the hometown boy takes less money to come to Toronto, and it's ****ing Clarkson.

I'm disappointed in Clarkson, I wasn't expecting him to come in and snipe 30 goals this year nor was I expecting him to lead the way offensively however I was expecting him to bring a phsyical element, a meanness to the team and veteran leadership for the young guys but I haven't seen any of that yet out of him at any point this season.

Murray didnt drive anything up; Clarkson had multiple offers and at least two were long term over $6 million plus. Bottom line was Clarkson chose Toronto for less money; were just pissed that he did lol

The UFA market is not one to improve your team. Boston did it brilliantly with Chara/Savard in 1 day. Other than that, it virtually never works.

David Clarkson was this year's "Sexy" free agent.

Does anyone know of a site where you can get player stats splits by period?

i know exactly where this is going and they were about as bad in third periods last year as they are this year.

and having the other guy in net didn't stem the tide and stop them from blowing a 3 goal third period lead in game 7.

this whole bernier/reimer thing needs to be laid to rest. they're both good goalies. the team isn't losing right now because of the guys in net, and they are only as high up in the standings as they are because both of them have been fantastic this year.

the leafs are perhaps the worst defensive team of the post-lockout era. only one team over that span has allowed more than 35 shots a game -- the 05-06 capitals.

the leafs are currently allowing 36.4 shots a game.

the leafs are 26th in the league in goals against. if you factor out empty net goals (of which the leafs have allowed 8) they're top five in team save percentage.

this team sucks in its own end. some of it is the D. some of it is the forwards. some of it is coaching.

but the goaltending discussion has to end.

though i have to admit, it's funny seeing the save percentage crowd crying about the team starting a guy who is currently posting the highest save percentage a leafs goalie has ever registered in the modern era.

The UFA market is not one to improve your team. Boston did it brilliantly with Chara/Savard in 1 day. Other than that, it virtually never works.

David Clarkson was this year's "Sexy" free agent.

zdeno chara should never have been allowed to hit the ufa market.

savard was an interesting one. he got wedged between a couple of goal scorers in atlanta and for some reason everybody just assumed that was the reason why he scored 100 points. but, of course, that theory was about as ridiculous as the numbers he put up.

i know exactly where this is going and they were about as bad in third periods last year as they are this year.

and having the other guy in net didn't stem the tide and stop them from blowing a 3 goal third period lead in game 7.

this whole bernier/reimer thing needs to be laid to rest. they're both good goalies. the team isn't losing right now because of the guys in net, and they are only as high up in the standings as they are because both of them have been fantastic this year.

the leafs are perhaps the worst defensive team of the post-lockout era. only one team over that span has allowed more than 35 shots a game -- the 05-06 capitals.

the leafs are currently allowing 36.4 shots a game.

the leafs are 26th in the league in goals against. if you factor out empty net goals (of which the leafs have allowed 8) they're top five in team save percentage.

this team sucks in its own end. some of it is the D. some of it is the forwards. some of it is coaching.

but the goaltending discussion has to end.

though i have to admit, it's funny seeing the save percentage crowd crying about the team starting a guy who is currently posting the highest save percentage a leafs goalie has ever registered in the modern era.

Just looking for the stats. I will take this as a no.

I agree on the Clarkson deal, but I will still bet that, in the playoffs, whether this year or next lol, he will be useful. He'll have to be if there is to be any chance of losing this contract.

Back