• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT JAN 20th TOR @ PHX 8PM EST

Sometimes when I watch Franson, I think he must be in trouble with the bookies and is trying to throw the game, his mistakes are that bad sometimes.

Franson has been terrible. He must have been read the riot act sometime in the game, as he actually started moving his ass toward the puck after he coughed up the puck for a goal. It's annoying, because he has all the ability in the world to be a physical, talented, intelligent defenseman, we saw it last year.

He's certainly the one who should have been traded, instead of Liles. But we couldn't have landed Gleason with Franson, unless Carolina's GM was drunk.
Franson coughed up the puck more times in this game than Gleason has his entire career, and more times than Liles has in two seasons.

He's certainly the one who should have been traded, instead of Liles. But we couldn't have landed Gleason with Franson, unless Carolina's GM was drunk.Franson coughed up the puck more times in this game than Gleason has his entire career.

1000x500px-LL-c28b345c_gleason_not_sure_if_serious.jpeg

He's certainly the one who should have been traded, instead of Liles. But we couldn't have landed Gleason with Franson, unless Carolina's GM was drunk.
Franson coughed up the puck more times in this game than Gleason has his entire career, and more times than Liles has in two seasons.

This is one of the most idiotic posts I've seen on this forum.

I realize that Franson has had an inconsistent season, but suggesting that Carolina wouldn't have jumped, jumped at the opportunity to land a 24 year-old 6'5 defender who is one of the leaders in ES points amongst defenders every single season is just full potato.

Im not miserable at all actually. I was frustrated. It wasnt what I expected from this team. Seems like we've turned it around and I am ecstatic about it. And again, no disrespect, I really dont care as how I come across to you. Its an internet forum, I will say whats on my mind. If you dont like it, you can ignore it.

You've just noticed because of our consistently poor play and record of ROW over the last 2 months. Thats all it was for 2 months. There was very little good to talk about this team, very little to be happy about and I make no bones about pointing it out. Good on the posters for being optimistic over that time, but our record and play spoke for itself for the last 2 months and thats what I was commenting about. And like you said, nothing wrong with being frustrated when the team plays poorly. Nothing wrong with being happy either - which I am.

This is you being happy?

This is one of the most idiotic posts I've seen on this forum.

I realize that Franson has had an inconsistent season, but suggesting that Carolina wouldn't have jumped, jumped at the opportunity to land a 24 year-old 6'5 defender who is one of the leaders in ES points amongst defenders every single season is just full potato.

I agree with both of you to a point Franson has been beyond inconsistent in his own end, he's been downright lazy and moronic defensively, just because he puts up a lot of points doesn't cover up his horrible defensive play. However, I agree that Carolina would gladly take Franson if he was offered, he's just approaching his prime and even if he plays shitty defensively for the rest of his career he can still contribute on the score sheet and powerplay.

It's moreso the notion that Carolina, a team with a tremendous shortage of highly-skilled, mobile defenders that can provide offence beyond Justin Faulk, would turn down a swap for a talented, huge young rearguard for a veteran with a prohibitive salary (at least for a small market team like Carolina) who wasn't even being dressed.

Honestly, the Canes were reportedly trying to unload Gleason for months on end and they would turn down a huge upside player like Franson in return for a guy who has been riding the pine so long he's got splinters up his ass? I just don't understand how someone could conclude that.

Back