• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT JAN 20th TOR @ PHX 8PM EST

The thing is, Franson still has strong trade value. He's still young, big, and given his shot, he'd have a lot of teams interested. You can still sell pretty high on him.

Looking at your posts from the last week, that's all on you bud. When the leafs win you bitch and look dumb, when the leafs lose you bitch and look dumb.
The NJ game, they looked like crap, yeah. Did you watch the game? You are making yourself look dumber.

I'm not keeping track. I couldn't care less about your posting history. It took 30 seconds look up your posts and find out all you do is bitch 24/7. And the only reason I even did that was because you couldn't own up to it when someone else called ya on it.
Sure, keep telling yourself that. I gave you my reasons for not commenting, Im not going to repeat myself again.

No you got lambasted for bitching all the time lol

I will be here when we lose and when we win, like it or not and I will call it like I see it. lol

Im still here doofus.

I was in class, couldnt watch the game, will be there again tonight so cant watch tonight either. I was there when the leafs won the past 4 games. Go back and check before you bait, buddy.

Should I let you know where I am every night so you dont bitch about me?

Great win. wonder what Randy did to get this team to hustle again - didnt see that for 2 months. Cant wait for Bolland.

Heh.

Im still here doofus.

I was in class, couldnt watch the game, will be there again tonight so cant watch tonight either. I was there when the leafs won the past 4 games. Go back and check before you bait, buddy.

Should I let you know where I am every night so you dont bitch about me?

Great win. wonder what Randy did to get this team to hustle again - didnt see that for 2 months. Cant wait for Bolland.

I wasn't baiting. I don't care that you're miserable, it's your life. I couldn't help but notice that you do not post unless you have something bad to say, that's all. I was having some fun, what with the Leafs winning five games. You should try it.

I wasn't baiting. I don't care that you're miserable, it's your life. I couldn't help but notice that you do not post unless you have something bad to say, that's all. I was having some fun, what with the Leafs winning five games. You should try it.

I find it funny and sad that this forum become a cesspool of people putting down and namecalling leaf fans that are/were frustrated at the team's lackluster play at any point in the season. Seems like any criticism of the team for its play gets you labelled as 'miserable' or 'hftard'. It really is getting hard to post objectively here. Wonder what happened.

I post when I can and when Im not busy with my actual life. I could care less what people think about my posting habits, really.

Where exactly was I putting you down? A miserable SOB is an insult, miserable is just am emotion...one that you convey through your posts. I don't care if you bitch about the team, but I will notice if that is all you do...no different than noticing someone who always defends their team. It sticks out. How should I take the tone of your posts? Do you believe you come across as happy?

I guarantee that anybody who goes back and reads your last 20 posts will not find anything but bitching. So, while there is nothing wrong with that, there's nothing wrong with being happy sometimes, is there?

What I find funny is how someone will write something that lots of people will see, then act surprised when someone notices it.
If you don't want to be noticed, I suggest you stop writing down your thoughts where literally millions of people can see them.
Try a diary. With a lock.

Where exactly was I putting you down? A miserable SOB is an insult, miserable is just am emotion...one that you convey through your posts. I don't care if you bitch about the team, but I will notice if that is all you do...no different than noticing someone who always defends their team. It sticks out. How should I take the tone of your posts? Do you believe you come across as happy?

I guarantee that anybody who goes back and reads your last 20 posts will not find anything but bitching. So, while there is nothing wrong with that, there's nothing wrong with being happy sometimes, is there?

Im not miserable at all actually. I was frustrated. It wasnt what I expected from this team. Seems like we've turned it around and I am ecstatic about it. And again, no disrespect, I really dont care as how I come across to you. Its an internet forum, I will say whats on my mind. If you dont like it, you can ignore it.

You've just noticed because of our consistently poor play and record of ROW over the last 2 months. Thats all it was for 2 months. There was very little good to talk about this team, very little to be happy about and I make no bones about pointing it out. Good on the posters for being optimistic over that time, but our record and play spoke for itself for the last 2 months and thats what I was commenting about. And like you said, nothing wrong with being frustrated when the team plays poorly. Nothing wrong with being happy either - which I am.

Its an internet forum, I dont take anything here seriously at all. I doubt others do.

I will be here when we win, and if we lose. I'll be sure to check in with BBW after all wins though, just so he's happy.

For anyone curious, we're 3-8-0 in our 11 games where we've won Fenwick 5 on 5. We're 5-4-2 in our worst 11 Fenwick games (games where our FF% is under 35%).

For anyone curious, we're 3-8-0 in our 11 games where we've won Fenwick 5 on 5. We're 5-4-2 in our worst 11 Fenwick games (games where our FF% is under 35%).

All of this noise, is about a 55% correlation with winning over the course of a season. Inversely, in game corsi actually does a very poor job of predicting game outcomes....yes, even more poorly than a 55% correlation.

Corsi close last night was 56/44. Fenwick close ws 53/47.

Coyotes only really started dominating Corsi when the leafs went up 3-0 and the game was already over.

Shots were 12-11 Coyotes on 5 on 5 close.

My only comment for TMLForever is this...with the Leafs still in a playoff spot, having only slipped out for a few days at the depth of the slump, when do you get rid of that avatar?

Corsi close last night was 56/44. Fenwick close ws 53/47.

Coyotes only really started dominating Corsi when the leafs went up 3-0 and the game was already over.

Shots were 12-11 Coyotes on 5 on 5 close.

This game wasn't in either of those two sets of 11 games (worst Corsi games or best Corsi games). I should've clarified.

Franson has been terrible. He must have been read the riot act sometime in the game, as he actually started moving his ass toward the puck after he coughed up the puck for a goal. It's annoying, because he has all the ability in the world to be a physical, talented, intelligent defenseman, we saw it last year.

I don't know. Maybe he's worried about getting hurt in a contract year? The sad thing is, if he'd played hard similar to last year he would've been paid by now.

Still, as much as I love Rielly and Gardiner, playing them together is tantamount to doubling down while gambling. It's awesome when it works but... Despite being the third pairing I counted like almost double digit turnovers between the two of them (unfortunately, Gardiner had like 6 all by himself, which is extra troubling).

That said, Kadri seems to be back, and that'll help Lupul. Winning is nice, but playing sound defensively and aggresively will be what puts us up in the top ecehlon, rather than just a one and done in the playoffs.
Is the answer to sit them? No. But something has to be done to even out the quality of the d-core. Trading Franson for a more "defensive" guy would help, but then I think we'd pay for that come playoff time when we need his skillset against Boston (against whom he seems to play well).

Perhaps the nature of the schedule this year is contributing to the at times lacklustre play...there is still hope it all coalesces by the time the playoffs come.

Back