• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Penguins @ Maple Leafs - HNIC 7PM - Straight Glasses-Off, Old School Rules

He's not beating my allegations so far this year. He's gotten bigger and better along the boards, but I still don't see high IQ puck moving and linkage plays that make him a positive on a line with the best goal scorer on the planet.
I'm hoping/thinking he can still grow into becoming a perfect linemate for a stud like Matthews. But yeah, he's not there yet. Unfortunately he made every line he played on worse last year... Until the playoffs where he turned into God for the second year in a row. Hard to figure him out.

Sure it should. Lots of travel and playing in a short time.

Lots of travel? Montreal and New Jersey? By chartered flight? Is either flight even an hour long?

3rd game in 4 nights after a day off shouldn't be a noticeable issue in early October. It doesn't appear to be an issue for a much older Pittsburgh team who is also on their 3rd game in 4 nights.

Last edited:
Save the best for last.

Pitt definitely had a few more bursts of energy.

It's taking a period....but that line might not be bad. Still think marner should play away from Mathews

I'm hoping/thinking he can still grow into becoming a perfect linemate for a stud like Matthews.

We kind of saw similar with Hyman when he was here. If you can't hang onto the puck and make plays with it, you're not a great linemate for Matthews. Matthews super elite talent is finding space and finishing, not being puck dominant in space like Nylander, Marner (Connor....). imo it's why he and Domi clicked. Domi can do all of that board work decently well but when the puck is on his stick there's a decent chance he's going to find Matthews somewhere he can get a shot off. Knies supporting Matthews on the board work is cool, but when F3 in that situation is Marner, it's not going to generate a lot of offence. When they dig the puck out, the only guy in a position to receive the puck in a scoring area is Marner and he's always 10 feet further from then net than he should be. Maybe Knies-Matthews can work, but it can't work with Marner imo.

Back