• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Preseason Mega Thread cuz why not

Taveres stands in front of the net on the pp, and he wins face offs

He has a terrible shooting percentage from in front and fuck faceoffs. The difference between JT taking that draw and Matthews taking it on the PP is winning an extra 1-2 faceoff wins on the PP a month.

He should have been replaced on PP1 last year. If Robbie breaks out this year, there's no excuse.

The two things that you need on a pp are a) the puck and b) someone who will dig it out when you don’t have it.

I'm not kidding, check the numbers. The difference between Matthews taking those draws and Tavares is about 8 additional won draws all season on the PP. It's beyond negligible. His lack of foot speed causes more turnovers on the entry than he ever gets back with his board work.

I'm not kidding, check the numbers. The difference between Matthews taking those draws and Tavares is about 8 additional won draws all season on the PP. It's beyond negligible. His lack of foot speed causes more turnovers on the entry than he ever gets back with his board work.
I get your argument.

nicky OUTMUSCLES the opponent defensively......and then SCORES on the break!

unstoppable.

(yes he outmuscled.......Debrincat....but fuck it).

Max made the perfect pass. But congratulations to Robertson.

I am watching the Detroit feed and they like the Leafs tonight

Hard to disagree with this.

The debate in my own head would be replacing Robertson for either 44 or 16. One of the two can be used on the back-end, haven’t liked both there for a while. Not enough respect for either to shoot the puck - they can lean towards Matthews or Nylander without having to worry as much.

For JT, McMann would be interesting to me to put out there. Increase the speed, big body in front of the net, has a shot that can cause problems for goalies.

iTs jUsT pReSeAsOn, yes, but Robertson has never looked this good in preseason before. Not even close. In fact, last year was the first time for me that he even looked like an NHLer. If he takes another major step this year we* may have to recalibrate our expectations on his upside.

*Everyone except ME

Psht

Back