• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs acquire Sean Monahan

There's a second trade pending probably, seeing as nothing's been officially announced anywhere.

Speculate away. Have they found somewhere to send Dvorak?

I don't understand this trade if it's just for Monahan. It's not like the Canadiens have a ton of cap space either.

I don't understand this trade if it's just for Monahan. It's not like the Canadiens have a ton of cap space either.
I’m wondering why another center. I’m thinking one gets flipped for Dubois or possibly D help.

I’m wondering why another center. I’m thinking one gets flipped for Dubois or possibly D help.

does it matter?....if you're going to give the Habs a first, they would take a goalie, d-man, or winger off your hands

Last edited:
The Flames had better win a Cup in the next couple of years because those long term deals for Huberdeau and Kadri will not age well.

I though an LTIR player has to be slotted first into the cap space then use the cap relief
Yes that’s why guys like Caufield will start in the AHL on paper. Once the season starts Price can be put on LTIR and Caufield and others recalled.

does it matter?....if you're going to give the Habs a first, they would take a goalie, d-man, or winger off your hands

Who do you mean by they? Not sure Calgary can afford to take on salary if they are trying to clear cap space for Kadri.

Who do you mean by they? Not sure Calgary can afford to take on salary if they are trying to clear cap space for Kadri.

My post was a response to Habsy’s “why take Monahan, we don’t need centres” so they = us.

Feasible to get 2 firsts so no brainer move.

I don't think much salary is going back though so HuGo may be working on another deal. While they have LTIR space, running the club in LTIR longterm is Vegas bad.

Feasible to get 2 firsts so no brainer move.

I don't think much salary is going back though so HuGo may be working on another deal. While they have LTIR space, running the club in LTIR longterm is Vegas bad.

maybe they can do one more year of Vegas recklessness — lots of liabilities coming off the books next year

Back