• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

Only if we take Matthews out in the 1st game.

They don’t have a tested playoff goalie with Jack

Bottom line until their guns finally put in a series where they all play to their potential , anything is possible

It’s a different game , they won’t have those generous 5/3 pp’s , or tutu 3/3 OT

They finally have the gritty support pieces but.............

do people have recent examples of goalies with good regular seasons that failed their first playoff test?

do people have recent examples of goalies with good regular seasons that failed their first playoff test?
Vasilevsky...in fact he’s been 50/50 during his playoff career - either sub .900 or .915-.925, never a .930+ like Price

Weber apparently has ligament damage in his hand requiring off season surgery per Tony Marinaro of TSN690

it makes sense...because he was handling the puck like a hand grenade, resulting in many unfortunate turnovers

Price didn't fail his first playoff test, though. He was pretty good in the first round against Bawstun and he saved our asses in the first period of game 7, going on to get a shutout. He crashed & burned against Philly the next series, though.

Carey Price. Or is that too far old?

What about Frederick Andersen?

Freddie was bad in Anaheim....Price had some rough spots.

But seasoned veterans also wet the bed. My point is that I'm not going to assume the Habs have an edge in goal just because Price was great last year in the playoffs. I don't think performance transfers that well year to year...in Price's case, it doesn't seem to translate month to month.

Just hoping for the best...

Freddie was bad in Anaheim....Price had some rough spots.

But seasoned veterans also wet the bed. My point is that I'm not going to assume the Habs have an edge in goal just because Price was great last year in the playoffs. I don't think performance transfers that well year to year...in Price's case, it doesn't seem to translate month to month.

Just hoping for the best...
Not just last playoffs.

Last 25GP in playoffs .933 sv % (.936 over last 16GP).

Until playoff performance on ice proves otherwise, he’s still tops in NHL amongst goalies w 15GP+

Price didn't fail his first playoff test, though. He was pretty good in the first round against Bawstun and he saved our asses in the first period of game 7, going on to get a shutout. He crashed & burned against Philly the next series, though.
Yeah i was mostly referring to the series against Philly. He ended up those playoffs with a .901% and a -4 GSAA. 5 good starts in 11 games.

Back