• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs Season Thread: 2024-25 Regular Season

And Perry played a lot of minutes with the top lines. It's not like he was on the fourth line the whole time, either.

I keep hearing Julien, Bergevin and some media people repeating how "great Perry was in the playoffs for Dallas".... I looked it up.

He got 9 points in 27 games. Whoopee fucking doo. One point every 3 games. A 27 point pace. That's not even remotely great. It's barely replacement level production. Jordan Weal type stats.

Not saying Perry signing won't work out -- but pls stop the BS about this playoff run.
He was a serious pain in the ass to play against and is bloody great along the boards, I think that's what they are talking about, not just point production.

This Habs team will be a real pain to play against also provided they make the playoffs.

Fine. He's still a pain in the ass to play against. But a lot less of a pain in the ass then when he actually produced points.

I am not dissing Perry -- just the BS narrative that he was good in the playoffs. If his 27 point pace is considered great for us, then we're in trouble.

I thought you meant it would be time to bring Matthew Darche back as a player. Last time we did that he 33 years old and had played about 100 NHL games. He then lasted three years in Montreal (to his credit for sure). ......if things get that rough this year it will surely mean the end of Bergevin.

Fine. He's still a pain in the ass to play against. But a lot less of a pain in the ass then when he actually produced points.

I am not dissing Perry -- just the BS narrative that he was good in the playoffs. If his 27 point pace is considered great for us, then we're in trouble.
I agree with you in that he should not see duty on the top lines. Fourth line duty and PP should be the limit. I think he can still be useful on the PP.

Yeah... Maybe he'll experience one of those second wind type season some of these vets enjoy. Pops a few power play goals and does some solid grinding on the 4th line.

If your relying on Perry to make a difference , we are in trouble .

Yeah... Maybe he'll experience one of those second wind type season some of these vets enjoy. Pops a few power play goals and does some solid grinding on the 4th line.
doubt he finishes the season in the lineup

If he improves the PP, which is sorely needed, he will be in the lineup. If he doesn't? Taxi squad.

Back