• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

IMO it's very unlikely NY legalizes anytime soon if NJ fucks this up. So this is about opening up a market of around 28-29 million folks where every single operator we own is widely present. This isn't just about New Jersey.

Weed is legal in NJ. Watched the presser live and my god the CSE really gives you time to act. Took about 5 minutes before Curaleaf moved.

I bot a bunch of CURA, GTII and even more CCHW near the lows....had extra money after selling a nice chunk of ROKU this am

AYR hasn't moved on the NJ news so I decided to purchase some. SPY getting stronger, news circulating. I'm liking how today is feeling.

good move....I copied you...forgot about that one
The worst part is we'll have to wait till the last 5 minutes on that one haha. Hopefully the other names hold strong. Nice move by CURA in particular; I also bought them earlier. Their action will probably determine how AYR and the others do in the end. Won't count out a pump and dump.

Reactions: CH1
Yeah...I'm still not convinced SPY is finished with the down side...I hope it is. More fun when stonks go up!

Yeah...I'm still not convinced SPY is finished with the down side...I hope it is. More fun when stonks go up!
Just hoping it holds strong today. Want to get rid of most of the AYR I bought today (maybe all of it). Weak, declining volume on the bounce is not a great sign though, I agree.

CH - any thoughts on LSPD, which a fellow Montrealer of yours is going all in on? Do you know it?

Also, what do you think about PLTR?

CH - any thoughts on LSPD, which a fellow Montrealer of yours is going all in on? Do you know it?

Also, what do you think about PLTR?

LPSD
I watched them IPO (Montreal company). I like the space -Point of Sales software for restaurants. Stock crashed when covid hit but they pivoted to serve other retailers...and like everything else, they are up 10 million percent off the lows. I was interested when they crashed but it took off without me...not really sweating it since most things I own are up as well. They seem aggressively valued here so I'm not really itching to buy up here.

PLTR
Was interested in it...as a big lockup was pressuring the stock to attractive levels...but Cathie Wood recently bought a big chunk, negating the pressure. I might revisit....but I don't have strong feelings it about either way.

I tried to buy some PLTR today. The account wouldn't let me - wtf?? It says "SUBJECT TO LIQUIDATING ONLY RESTRICTION - edit your order". It's the same order I always place and there's nothing to edit that I can tell. So spent the last 30 minutes on the phone waiting for a live person to pick up. Moving like the wind here!

I finally got someone who explained that my account wasn't coded to buy ETFs and because I bought MSOS they shut me down like a criminal till I updated the account with them. Apparently now I have sufficient experience to buy ETFs because I called them and told them so. Very impressive controls in place.

LOL

ETFS are among the least restrictive asset classes...most places let anyone buy those things

anyway, you'd think they would have sent you some sort of heads up

But hey, at least I get to watch it go up $1 while I wait for them to unlock my account. It's fun to think that that could've been my $1 of profit and to wonder if I'll miss out on more. That's a reliable brokerage account.

LOL

ETFS are among the least restrictive asset classes...most places let anyone buy those things

anyway, you'd think they would have sent you some sort of heads up
That's what I told her. She was like "this IS the way they notify the retail accounts".

Imagine if I wanted to sell something urgently and this happened? I'm mildly pissed it happened in a buy scenario, but if I was trying to get out of something and got locked in there for administrative bullshit, I would've lost my shit on them.

Back