• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hey Nerds: Blockchain

Still my fucking hero.

I wish I could play the swings, but like a dumbass I sit around and watch and then miss the sweetest entry points. But I did add to PLTR today and I did start a position in CCIV.

good job with PLTR; I actually traded it today; bot the dip and sold it near the close

I keep telling you; buying the dip is easy only in theory; very few want to actually buy when their screen is full of red.
I held my nose and bot ROKU at 350 yesterday— it dived another 20-25 points today before coming back to 350. I basically didn’t look at it all day; the same with FSLY, PINS, etc

I know they’ll be higher in a few years; so I’m not going to sweat this correction
I'm not sweating it either. I'm not enjoying it either, but it's not panicking me like last year's drop of course.

It's easy to get my positions in $25 stocks, it's just about picking a point and pulling the trigger. Getting a position in a $350 stock is daunting. I think about selling off some stuff but then there's taxes and frankly not wanting to sell off anything else. I dunno, maybe I need to take a half position, but the darn thing is elusive.

good job with PLTR; I actually traded it today; bot the dip and sold it near the close
Eh, I didn't strike at $20. Like I said, like a dumbass I waited and got it at $23. But it still averages down my cost basis, so it's a positive. And these cheaper stocks, $5 up or down, whatever, if the hope is for the thing to be several times in a few years.

True... it does “feel” safer to buy a $25 stock... even tho it really should not.

while I was enjoying my TTD trade, I honestly felt bad for the dude who sold it at 560 today, only to see it rip $100 in a few hours.

panic selling is rarely a good idea

It's not safety. It's far more irrational than that. If I told you, you'd laugh. But let's put it this way, I invest less in the cheaper stocks. I'd invest more in an expensive stock like Zoom.

Well, I hope ZM doesn’t go to 1000.... don’t want you jumping off a tall building

If SHOP went from my $120 to over $1000 and I didn't jump, I'm probably not likely to for Zoom.

I wish Zoom would just go on sale for one day, low low price of $275, and I'd just bite the bullet and ride it.

That is, without the whole market and my portfolio tanking with it.

His American Express card offered unlimited 5% rewards at grocery stores and pharmacies after he had spent $6,500. So Mr. Anikeev used his AmEx card to buy prepaid Visa gift cards at grocery stores, routinely stopping during his commute and purchasing the maximum allowed per day at a store. He often used the gift cards to buy money orders, then used the money orders to make deposits in his bank account, then used that money to pay his credit-card bill.

In a $500 transaction, the 5% rewards would yield $25—more than enough to cover gift-card fees of about $5 and the $1 fee on the money order.

The millions of dollars of those transactions tripped the sensors at the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, which investigates money laundering, an IRS lawyer said during the trial. That agency kicked the case to the IRS, which said he owed back taxes. Mr. Anikeev took the government to court, bringing a tub of gift cards to his trial to demonstrate what he did.

“They sort of picked the fight with the wrong person,” said his lawyer, Jeffrey Sklarz. “They should have picked someone who was a hot mess.”

Judge Goeke issued a split ruling. Rewards earned on purchases of Visa gift cards aren’t taxable, he ruled, because the cards are products; most but not all of Mr. Anikeev’s transactions happened that way. Rewards earned on purchases of money orders or reloading debit cards are taxable, the judge determined. The IRS already says rewards can be taxable if they are earned without spending, such as a bonus for opening a bank account.

bot the dip in DKNG (so far very nice) and NDA (meh, might have to get out of it if it doesn't wake up in the next 10 mins)

also bot some calls in ABNB -- should be ripping on the re-open news

Was this guy always this angry? I'm new to tracking his tweets. I get that bears usually have a chip on their shoulder but man he's taking great joy out of people losing money.

Was this guy always this angry? I'm new to tracking his tweets. I get that bears usually have a chip on their shoulder but man he's taking great joy out of people losing money.

he's actually gone long a bunch of times....but he has the most fun going all in short.

a lot of these bears hate FED intervention and think markets are not allowed to function honestly

he's actually gone long a bunch of times....but he has the most fun going all in short.

a lot of these bears hate FED intervention and think markets are not allowed to function honestly
Yeah I didn't think he was a permabear. But man the general bear attitude is so obnoxious, and that's coming from king obnoxious.

Then again, that barstool permabull guy is the epitome of obnoxious so I guess it's fair game. He's not a real trader though.

Yeah I didn't think he was a permabear. But man the general bear attitude is so obnoxious, and that's coming from king obnoxious.

Then again, that barstool permabull guy is the epitome of obnoxious so I guess it's fair game. He's not a real trader though.

Atilla (xtrends) doesn't enjoy going long all that much....

out of all DKNG (nice win), bailed on NVDA (break even whipsaw)....still got ABNB calls which are slightly green and I won't let them turn red

Curaleaf booming inverse QQQ here. Follow through and sustaining the move will be essential and may provide a hint for the other names to break correlation with the broad market. Their earnings will be great and folks want in. Tomorrow AH.

Reactions: CH1
Back