• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hurricanes Off Season Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd imagine we have a transition year and then introduce a new alternate jersey for 2023-24. Remember, they'll have some sort of special jersey for the outdoor game. It's pretty common for those to end up as a team's alternate the following season ... depending how throw-backy they are. Carolina can't really do throw-backs without getting in Whaler territory that they have already trod. So whatever they end up with for the Stadium Series game should be suitable as a 3rd
Remember too that Adidas is out of the jersey business, so there will probably be a league-wide redesign as they move to a new manufacturer.

As one who has two red jerseys (and no black ones), I wonder how it's gonna look in the arena with a sea of red jerseys during the season. No big deal, but there's a lot of history in those red sweaters.

As one who has two red jerseys (and no black ones), I wonder how it's gonna look in the arena with a sea of red jerseys during the season. No big deal, but there's a lot of history in those red sweaters.
I mean, red is still a core color in the jerseys, so ... it'll be fine? Seriously, Dundon is going to churn through jerseys as fast as the league will let him, because of the merchandise sales. Better get used to it because we'd be looking like a Premiership team with fresh threads every year if he could get the league to agree.

I'm anxious to see what this Stadium Series jersey design is going to look like! The sky is really the limit when it comes to what the Canes may do, but you know Dundon is going to want do something splashy that sells a ton of those things this upcoming season.

Yeah, those things have tended to be throwback looks in the past, and Carolina doesn't have much to work with there. They've also leaned into football looks so maybe they nod to older State football uniforms, since we're in the Carter. I mean, we're primarily talking red jerseys with white lettering, usually with black trim ... so the color palette is the same either way unless they go with pink and brown, which was State's earliest uniform colors. Probably not gonna go that far out of the box, I'd think. I'd wager on a red uniform since that would be a change from the black primaries. Maybe they'll play around with football uniform fonts ... State has had a pretty wide variety over the years, from classic 60s rounded sans serif stuff to the weird modern Adidas slash stuff they have now. Maybe a tip of the cap to UNC with their classic interlocking N and C logo. Something along those lines would fit the past patterns.

So do the Red jerseys completely die forever or do those become our 3rd jerseys? If the Red jerseys die, when exactly do the markdowns start at the Eye? (edit, that article indicates the Red jersey's die and will not be worn this coming season).
Fine by me. I never really liked the swirl logo, although I do own a red with the swirl because it was just the only game in town for so long.

Oh that's right. With the home reds out of rotation, none of the current jerseys even use the primary logo at all. Are they gonna call the flag logo the primary? I feel like it's a bit weak for that. Maybe they re-brand entirely with the new jersey manufacturer for 23-24?

Fine by me. I never really liked the swirl logo, although I do own a red with the swirl because it was just the only game in town for so long.
Unlike many others, I really like the swirl logo - maybe not as huge as it once was - and I think it is much more impressive than the flag logo.

I'm fairly neutral on both of them, honestly. I like the current flag design WAY better than the old one, but I feel like it's too tall and skinny to be the primary chest logo like it is on the black home jerseys. But, that's an opinion about a thing I have no control over, so ... whatever. I do feel like that logo just isn't strong and distinctive enough to be the primary logo for a major professional franchise.

The two flag hurricane warning logo is so much better than the old one flag design and put me in the camp of never being a huge fan of the toilet swirl logo but I guess everyone likes what they like. The primary logo getting a complete redesign and a fresh look would be nice but you have to be careful in not constantly changing things up too much, pick a strong, new primary logo design and stick with it!

I mean, I feel like the two flag logo is sort of the primary almost by accident at this point. It's 100% fine as a secondary logo, but I just don't think it works as a primary. Wear a hat with that logo on it anywhere other than Raleigh and see if anyone associates it with the Canes.

I do like the black, but there is too much black(emptiness of space), in the upper right front. I was thinking about putting the player’s number in that spot, albeit small but legible.

I do like the black, but there is too much black(emptiness of space), in the upper right front. I was thinking about putting the player’s number in that spot, albeit small but legible.
There will likely be an ad in that space, permitted starting this season.

There will likely be an ad in that space, permitted starting this season.
Yup. The space brought to you by a company that decides that naming the building is too expensive for a billboard and decides to go smaller ... with more legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back