• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Hurricanes Off Season Thread 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where to place this, but ... here is fine.

Corey Pronman with The Athletic issued his Top 50 NHLers Under 23 ranking and Carolina nabbed three slots. Svech is at 6 (just below Brady Tkachuck, a placement with which I take issue because he's a MUCH better finisher), Jarvis is at 12 (seems a little high to me but Pronman loves the compete level) and Kotkaniemi slides in at 49.

If you're wondering, he had Jack Hughes at No. 1 ahead of Moritz Seider and Trevor Zegras.

I won't link it because of the paywall, but you guys with subscriptions can find it. Anybody without a sub can hit me up because I have five 30 day guest passes available.

Not sure where to place this, but ... here is fine.

Corey Pronman with The Athletic issued his Top 50 NHLers Under 23 ranking and Carolina nabbed three slots. Svech is at 6 (just below Brady Tkachuck, a placement with which I take issue because he's a MUCH better finisher), Jarvis is at 12 (seems a little high to me but Pronman loves the compete level) and Kotkaniemi slides in at 49.

If you're wondering, he had Jack Hughes at No. 1 ahead of Moritz Seider and Trevor Zegras.

I won't link it because of the paywall, but you guys with subscriptions can find it. Anybody without a sub can hit me up because I have five 30 day guest passes available.
He also had Nikishin at 75, Drury at 150 and Morrow at 153.

I have 5 guest passes too.

Today is the 1 year anniversary of the KK offer sheet.
May it live in petty infamy. It's gonna be another 2 seasons before we know whether it was even a good idea, probably. But, if as I suspect, Kotkaniemi settles in as a strong 3C once Staal's contract is over ... it's fine. No better than fine, but fine. If he shocks us all and posts a 50 point season this year, then ... good on him. But the book is decidedly still to be written on that deal.

It's reported that the Canes, Islanders and Devils are the teams trying to get Miller from Vancouver.

It's reported that the Canes, Islanders and Devils are the teams trying to get Miller from Vancouver.
To be fair, it's being reported by The Hockey News ... which is less than a reliable source. Still. Wouldn't shock me. Miller's the kind of talent the Canes take a swing at when they get a chance. He'd be a wonderful fit on the team, if they didn't have to gut the forward group to get him here.

Meanwhile I've read a couple of places that the Canes will likely be involved in Patrick Kane trade discussions.

I think the Canes being linked to most everything is true. I do really think we inquire about pretty much everything. But as JB noted, we are not going to do anything completely nuts to pry away a JT Miller from Vancouver. He would be nice to have, but probably not worth what Vancouver is likely looking for at the moment.

So like Vegas we kick everything's tires.. Unlike Vegas we are willing to walk away when the price get's to rich?

Canes email today about the outdoor game. Full STM presale starts on 9/13, partial presale starts 10/4

So like Vegas we kick everything's tires.. Unlike Vegas we are willing to walk away when the price get's to rich?
Pretty much, yeah. Carolina has over-paid for a few guys in Dundon's time, but generally only because of a injury/time need. I think the only trade where they took on a bad contract and perhaps paid too much on the return was Skjei. He's fine, but he only improved to the point where his contract was even value for performance last season and he cost Carolina 1st rounder. In retrospect, not a great deal but not a hideous one either. For the most part the Canes have been quite sober and prudent in the trade market, while still being pretty active. That alone makes them rare birds in the NHL where teams tend to either trade like drunken sailors or never trade at all unless it's absolutely necessary.

any word on what date us out of town plebians getting access to tickets?
Nope ... I'm not sure why, but they're treating that whole process like a state secret. Surely they know the release date structure by now, and there's absolutely no harm in just freaking telling people what it is

Anyone know yet what the full STH is allowed to buy in terms of tickets for the Stadium Series game? Would it just be your same number of seats you have or an extra total over and above the number of STH seats you have?

Anyone know yet what the full STH is allowed to buy in terms of tickets for the Stadium Series game? Would it just be your same number of seats you have or an extra total over and above the number of STH seats you have?
Again ... there's a state secret level of security around that info. They hinted that we would be allowed a limited number of tickets above our season ticket seats, but that before the thing got put off to 2023. God only knows now. I'm hoping for 2+2, but it wouldn't shock me if I can't do that.

Again ... there's a state secret level of security around that info. They hinted that we would be allowed a limited number of tickets above our season ticket seats, but that before the thing got put off to 2023. God only knows now. I'm hoping for 2+2, but it wouldn't shock me if I can't do that.
I’m hoping for 6 total. With 2 seats, who knows?

I’m hoping for 6 total. With 2 seats, who knows?
I mean, I'll buy as many as they let me. I'm 100% sure I can flip what I don't end up needing. Sorry if that sounds mercenary but I've eaten more than my share of tickets over the course of 23 years, so ... yeah. I'd offer them to this board before posting them on a re-sale site. I'm not a monster :0)

I mean, I'll buy as many as they let me. I'm 100% sure I can flip what I don't end up needing. Sorry if that sounds mercenary but I've eaten more than my share of tickets over the course of 23 years, so ... yeah. I'd offer them to this board before posting them on a re-sale site. I'm not a monster :0)
Yesh, I’m not worried about flipping either. The only problem I’d have would be if either daughter broke up with their SO‘s.

I asked my rep that same question this morning and she told me that it hasn't been officially communicated yet and will be next week. She said she expects that we can buy eight per account, as that is usually the standard maximum Ticketmaster uses for most events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back