• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Laval Rocket Thread

Good according to Manon Rheaume, ex first female goalie now analyst. He wasn't afraid to play a physical game.
Was nice to see Bouchard had him paired up with a veteran like Ouellet.

Julien would've played him with their worst defenceman.

Ylonen’s speed & skill based game seems a better fit w KK, than UFA to be Armia is all I’m saying

My question is more in regards to whether Ylonen is close to NHL ready?
I’ve watched his stats and highlights since he was drafted and always liked Ylonen and Ikonen. It’s great to see ikonen back playing and performing well. It’s even better to see Ylonen doing well so far in the AHL. His shot and skating are NHL ready and it looks like Bouchard is getting him up to speed on the NHL game as well, he’s looked good so far.

I agree that if he continues to play like this he’ll be replacing Armia however with his speed and shot he looks to be a top six guy and not a middle six guy. Might be more of a Tatar replacement should Caufield spend some time in the A. It seems the Habs are willing to move slowly with Caufield.

Please leave Ylonen in the minors all year. Let him play.

Idem for Fleury & Poehling, and really all our young players. Let them play instead of rotting on the taxi squad.

Please leave Ylonen in the minors all year. Let him play.

Idem for Fleury & Poehling, and really all our young players. Let them play instead of rotting on the taxi squad.
I don’t think we’ll see Ylonen this year without a series of injuries. I agree that he looks to be responding to Bouchard so leave him be.

From the little I’ve seen of his play in Laval, he seems made for the smaller ice surface. Looks good in tight / boxed-in and seems strong enough in the corners. Good speed & seems to play North-South.

Back