• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Laval Rocket Thread

Wild game tonight. Rocket had a 4-2 lead and blew it. Then Ylonen scores on the PP with about a minute left in the game to tie it. Now in OT tied 5-5.

Last edited:
Figured it out . Primeau is not eligible for waivers until 23-24. So he can play in the A next year unhindered.

So we're facing Springfield in the conference finals. Another team without prospects and with James Neal.

Go Cayden I guess.

He's getting league minimum, 750k, and 2 millions a year from his previously bought out contract. Guess he's just not ready to retire.

Riley Kidney joined the Rocket but the analyst I was listening to don't expect he'll play any games... Really dumb. What's the point of having a farm team if we don't farm anything?

Riley Kidney joined the Rocket but the analyst I was listening to don't expect he'll play any games... Really dumb. What's the point of having a farm team if we don't farm anything?
Just there to learn the ropes I guess. I think he goes back to junior next year anyway?

The reasoning is simple: Him getting AHL caliber practices, while staying in shape and getting a little bit of money from his ATO, is better than him being at home doing nothing.

I would play him over... whoever's on the fourth line, but alas...

The reasoning is simple: Him getting AHL caliber practices, while staying in shape and getting a little bit of money from his ATO, is better than him being at home doing nothing.

I would play him over... whoever's on the fourth line, but alas...
I would play him over whoever's on the roster. It's just dumb, we're the Montréal Canadiens we shouldn't give a fuck about the Calder Cup.

Culture is important.

I disagree. That team hasn't won crap in a long time and they are also a business and want bums in seats.

At this point in the season you play the roster that wins.

Culture is important.

I disagree. That team hasn't won crap in a long time and they are also a business and want bums in seats.

At this point in the season you play the roster that wins.
I don't see the point in installing a winning culture amongst our AHL lifers, I do see the point of getting our actual prospects experience at a level they can manage, and maybe get a winning culture anyway.

It's not just the players. It's the entire environment, vibe. Players play better when relaxed. Winning relaxes.

Start of next season they should be prospect heavy though.

I don't see the point in installing a winning culture amongst our AHL lifers, I do see the point of getting our actual prospects experience at a level they can manage, and maybe get a winning culture anyway.

That culture is tough to hope every year when there is massive turnover every few years

Teams arent staying together to win championships like the NHL

I think there are 3 players left from the 2018-19 roster

Back