• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Laval Rocket Thread

Roy signed an ATO today and will join the team.

Wonder if he'll get in the lineup or if he'll just get to watch with Kidney.

Must-lose saturday to give them an excuse to put the kids in.

Reading an article on Roy's signing, it seems like they invited him as a tourist like Kidney, which is complete shit.

I get that they do it to be fair to the veterans who brought the team here, but if you're 25+ and still in the AHL, you should understand your place.

Fucking hell.

Must-lose saturday to give them an excuse to put the kids in.

Reading an article on Roy's signing, it seems like they invited him as a tourist like Kidney, which is complete shit.

I get that they do it to be fair to the veterans who brought the team here, but if you're 25+ and still in the AHL, you should understand your place.

Fucking hell.
lol, a few games in the playoffs will not make much of a difference anyway. Be patient , these young players will get their playing time soon enough.

lol, a few games in the playoffs will not make much of a difference anyway. Be patient , these young players will get their playing time soon enough.
Maybe, but I disagree with the mentality. Calder Cup shouldn't be a bigger priority than player development.

AHL isn't too big a step, at least for Roy. More succesful teams than us have taken players like McAvoy and Makar straight from the NCAA to the NHL playoffs.

They wouldn’t even be on the team if it wasn’t for player development. It’s the playoffs, it’s ok to try to win you know.

Yeah this is a very stupid argument at this point. Very.

Prospects will be on the roster next year

Yeah this is a very stupid argument at this point. Very.

Prospects will be on the roster next year
No it's not. I want them to start their summer training with an idea of what pro hockey is like. Calder Cup doesn't fucking matter. Prospects do.

No it's not. I want them to start their summer training with an idea of what pro hockey is like. Calder Cup doesn't fucking matter. Prospects do.
And I have a different philosophy. Have them start in fall after a successful season. There's no reason to risk injury or break chemistry when they're deep in the playoffs and the guys on the ice got them there.

This so called benefit of starting their summer training in the playoffs against other non prospects hitting everything is not one I would sign off on. There is no real benefit to it.

And I have a different philosophy. Have them start in fall after a successful season. There's no reason to risk injury or break chemistry when they're deep in the playoffs and the guys on the ice got them there.

This so called benefit of starting their summer training in the playoffs against other non prospects hitting everything is not one I would sign off on. There is no real benefit to it.
Houle says Roy might play. He was praticing on Gignac's spot today as he was out sick. Hopefully it's Covid.

In a 32 teams league I believe you need to be bold and agressive to have a shot at winning, injury risk be damned.

Back