• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Laval Rocket Thread

I beg to differ. One of life's pleasures is ridiculing people on the internet who use bad grammar. Their arguments are instantly invalidated. Fortunately most of the worst offenders are right wing fascists and hillbillies.
Only in your world is someone's argument invalidated because they use the wrong their, there, they're.

if you say that you want him, that is enough for me
It's not necessarily that I want him, per se. If they're going to take a Junior head coach & bring him to Laval, he's going to come from the Q. They're not hiring anyone from the WHL/OHL/USHL etc.

So in Quebec, there's Sylvain Favreau, there's Louis Robitaille, there's Stephane Julien... There's a few others whose name escaped me.

I wouldn't be surprised if any of those three is named the head coach of Laval. I have no idea who of the three would be better, they have no experience at any level of pro hockey.

I'd personally just hire the best coach for player development, regardless of what he was born, but that's never going to happen.

Habsy for a few years before he leaves for Greece to start their national hockey program

If Houle has NHL aspirations, it’s not a promotion.
Everyone does, but he was never getting an NHL gig.

Deadmonton never thought of him as an NHL coach, and when he got hired here, he was never seen as an NHL coach. Plus, with St. Louis here and not going anywhere for a considerable time, the writing's on the wall for him.

Everyone does, but he was never getting an NHL gig.

Deadmonton never thought of him as an NHL coach, and when he got hired here, he was never seen as an NHL coach. Plus, with St. Louis here and not going anywhere for a considerable time, the writing's on the wall for hiM.
Not many people would have the self awareness to give up on what I assume is his dream so close to it.

I don't think it's self-awareness as much as it's Houle being honest with himself. I have no way of proving this, but I don't think he ever got a phone call asking if he'd be interested in getting an NHL gig, whether as assistant or head coach.

There have never been any rumors, whispers, or even suggestions that J-F Houle should even be considered for an NHL job.

You can keep trying to get to the NHL while running an AHL team, riding the buses, being under the thumb of the NHL team you're employed for... or you can get a job with less travelling, that is less stressful, less demanding, without having to answer to a club above him.

It's not necessarily that I want him, per se. If they're going to take a Junior head coach & bring him to Laval, he's going to come from the Q. They're not hiring anyone from the WHL/OHL/USHL etc.

So in Quebec, there's Sylvain Favreau, there's Louis Robitaille, there's Stephane Julien... There's a few others whose name escaped me.

I wouldn't be surprised if any of those three is named the head coach of Laval. I have no idea who of the three would be better, they have no experience at any level of pro hockey.

I'd personally just hire the best coach for player development, regardless of what he was born, but that's never going to happen.
I think they could get away with an english speaking coach with the Rocket. Its not the Habs. The PWHL team did it and it went fine.

The old scribes who make a fuss over these things are all retired now and the 20-40 years old Habs fans dont give a fuck.

I don't think it's self-awareness as much as it's Houle being honest with himself. I have no way of proving this, but I don't think he ever got a phone call asking if he'd be interested in getting an NHL gig, whether as assistant or head coach.

There have never been any rumors, whispers, or even suggestions that J-F Houle should even be considered for an NHL job.

You can keep trying to get to the NHL while running an AHL team, riding the buses, being under the thumb of the NHL team you're employed for... or you can get a job with less travelling, that is less stressful, less demanding, without having to answer to a club above him.
I think its more hours for college coaches, no? They have to be part of the recruiting efforts.

I think its more hours for college coaches, no? They have to be part of the recruiting efforts.
There's recruitment, but not that much.

In football, yeah, there's a lot of recruitment because there's Rivals & their grades, you have a shit-ton of players that come in & out every year, etc.

In hockey, though, it's much more regional. Go on any of the big NCAA programs. It's littered with local players. For example, University of Minnesota is all Minny kids except for two. With the expansion of talent throughout America and more Europeans & Canadians willing to go the college route, it's made teams like Michigan & Boston College much more watered down.

Not to mention, there's only a handful of premier program and not that many places where players come from.

I think they could get away with an english speaking coach with the Rocket. Its not the Habs. The PWHL team did it and it went fine.

The old scribes who make a fuss over these things are all retired now and the 20-40 years old Habs fans dont give a fuck.
I think so too, but...

Back