• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Laval Rocket Thread

Matheson is having a rough start, as is our first line, But ironically the only guy challenging him for that #1 spot is Lane Hutson.
It's not a question of who can (or can't) replace Matheson and more about, there's an organic purge of the veterans through the insertion of youth. The question will remain: Do you want to keep Matheson and sign him to his retirement contract? We're going to need to take a decision on him soon.

It's not a question of who can (or can't) replace Matheson and more about, there's an organic purge of the veterans through the insertion of youth. The question will remain: Do you want to keep Matheson and sign him to his retirement contract? We're going to need to take a decision on him soon.
Right now he’s making this decision quite easy but I don’t expect to last.

We had this discussion earlier, there is too many good reasons to move away from him.

Where this team is right now, especially with Hutson playing as he is, there isn't a single credible reason to keep Matheson.

I'm not overreacting to these two games, but I would have traded Matheson this summer. Especially after last season and with the contract he's on.

I don't ever believe in players who suddenly double their career averages in two years at 29 & 30 years old. Sorry, I just don't. Those are outlier seasons. If Matheson played this way in Florida/Pittsburgh, he wouldn't have been traded, at least not for the small value in return.

MM is not part of the future because he wont accept a short term contract

This is Petry 2.0 on a long term deal , move him now he wont repeat his career year

The best asset we have to move right now , Savard wont fetch much

MM is not part of the future because he wont accept a short term contract

This is Petry 2.0 on a long term deal , move him now he wont repeat his career year

The best asset we have to move right now , Savard wont fetch much
I would move him in the right deal tomorrow.

I like Matheson. He has worked out great for us. He gets a hard ride at times but has exceeded expectations. Makes no sense for us to give him his retirement contract. So many young defense in the system.

Arseneau got in a fight and dislocated a finger. Odds are Farrell's going to be back in the lineup sooner or later.

Kidney was benched too, unless he is injured.
Benched, but Kidney's such a soft, perimeter player that he makes Sal's BFF look like a old school goon in comparison.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't tried convincing him to go to Trois-Rivières.

Back