• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs' Prospect/Marlies Discussion Thread!

We have the best pipeline in the league because they're almost all NHL regulars with years of experience.
pipeline
noun

pipe·line | \ ˈpīp-ˌlīn How to pronounce pipeline (audio) \

Definition of pipeline

1a : a line of pipe with pumps, valves, and control devices for conveying liquids, gases, or finely divided solids
b : pipe sense 2b

2 : a direct channel for information

3 : a process or channel of supply

4 : a state of development, preparation, or production

5 : a course of individual advancement or development especially to fill organizational needs

Holl was acquired at 23 and spent three years developing on the Marlies. Finally got a shot at 27 and did pretty well.

I don't know who you are arguing with. The only person who said this bare thing around here was Pep, iirc.
Same thing. You're upset that their young players are good enough to make the NHL and you'd be happier if they weren't. It's not just you though. A lot of people have a weird thing about "prospects" and "pipelines". It's so weird to me when I see 23 year old ahlers valued higher than 3rd or even 4th line nhlers at the same age. It quite honestly makes no sense whatsoever. But I guess it's human nature to prefer the mystery box, even if the mystery box is just average in the league below the NHL.

I guess they might keep him .

Hey did you know that Moore wasn't even top-10 youngest forwards on the leafs this year?

But he was top-10 oldest?

1.Robertson 18.0
2.Matthews 22.0
3.Marner 22.3
4.Malgin 22.8
5.Timashov 22.9
6.Kapanen 23.2
7.Korshkov 23.2
8.Engvall 23.3
9.Nylander 23.3
10.Brooks 23.5
11.Marchment 24.4
12.Gauthier 24.4
13.Petan 24.5
14.Moore 24.5
15.Johnsson 24.8
16.Mikheyev 24.9
17.Kerfoot 25.1
18.Aberg 26.0
19.Shore 27.0
20.Hyman 27.3
21 Clifford 28.8
22 Tavares 29.0
23 Spezza 36.3

What makes you think Moore will be waived? He played every game with LA after the trade.
Might want to check his xgf% on the kings last year. Small sample size? Okay fair, I agree. Let's check it on the leafs... Oof.

Yeah he'll be waived at some point.

First year of 20+gms:

16-17: Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Brown, Hyman, Zaitsev, Soshnikov
17-18: Kapanen, Dermott, Borgman
18-19: Johnsson, Leivo, Gauthier, Moore, Lindholm, Ozhiganov
19-20: Holl, Mikheyev, Sandin, Engvall, Timashov, Sparks
20-21: Robertson? Liljegren? Lehtonen? Barabanov? Brooks? Rosen?

Back