• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs' Prospect/Marlies Discussion Thread!

Jeremy

I still say Antropov is going to pan out for us
I remember meeting him in person at a car dealership at Yonge and Steeles for an autograph signing session in 2008. I got there early with my dad and we were able to talk to him alone for 10 or 15 minutes. I pm’d you before going and you gave me a couple Russian words to say to him haha.

PQ

Leafs & Soccer Moderator
I remember meeting him in person at a car dealership at Yonge and Steeles for an autograph signing session in 2008. I got there early with my dad and we were able to talk to him alone for 10 or 15 minutes. I pm’d you before going and you gave me a couple Russian words to say to him haha.
his kid is in the OHL now somewhere. guy is destined for glory

CTheBigPicture

Leafs Moderator
Staff member
I was there too. It's near where I lived so it was really can't miss event for me

zeke

Solid size and speed and smarts, a regular on the Swedish junior team, first cracked the SHL at 18 and now just dominated their playoffs at 21.

He's a very legit prospect.

Wayward DP

Solid size and speed and smarts, a regular on the Swedish junior team, first cracked the SHL at 18 and now just dominated their playoffs at 21.

He's a very legit prospect.
I mean so was Robbie Earl and Eemeli Rasanen ;)

I shouldn't mock though, thanks.

LeafGm

is he an actual prospect or just a guy who went on a crazy run?

Before this year, I wouldn’t have ranked him highly. But he’s been improving on a pretty steady upward curve since we drafted him. And he’s been doing it in a good league.

And while this was his age 21 season, it’s pretty common for Swedes drafted in the later rounds to stay over there for a good long while.

For a couple of recent examples—Engvall & Johnsson came over for their first full AHL seasons at 22, and didn’t play in the NHL until they were 23.