• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs' Prospect/Marlies Discussion Thread!

I still say Antropov is going to pan out for us
I remember meeting him in person at a car dealership at Yonge and Steeles for an autograph signing session in 2008. I got there early with my dad and we were able to talk to him alone for 10 or 15 minutes. I pm’d you before going and you gave me a couple Russian words to say to him haha.

I remember meeting him in person at a car dealership at Yonge and Steeles for an autograph signing session in 2008. I got there early with my dad and we were able to talk to him alone for 10 or 15 minutes. I pm’d you before going and you gave me a couple Russian words to say to him haha.
his kid is in the OHL now somewhere. guy is destined for glory

I was there too. It's near where I lived so it was really can't miss event for me

Solid size and speed and smarts, a regular on the Swedish junior team, first cracked the SHL at 18 and now just dominated their playoffs at 21.

He's a very legit prospect.

Solid size and speed and smarts, a regular on the Swedish junior team, first cracked the SHL at 18 and now just dominated their playoffs at 21.

He's a very legit prospect.
I mean so was Robbie Earl and Eemeli Rasanen ;)

I shouldn't mock though, thanks.

is he an actual prospect or just a guy who went on a crazy run?

Before this year, I wouldn’t have ranked him highly. But he’s been improving on a pretty steady upward curve since we drafted him. And he’s been doing it in a good league.

And while this was his age 21 season, it’s pretty common for Swedes drafted in the later rounds to stay over there for a good long while.

For a couple of recent examples—Engvall & Johnsson came over for their first full AHL seasons at 22, and didn’t play in the NHL until they were 23.

Not sure what the story was on Abramov this year, anyone know? He didn't seem to have a good regular season. 9 points in 5 playoff games so far.

Last edited:
Back