• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Looking like Marty St. Louis will be the guy

Brace yourself Sal , another wasted decade of junk

Cant turn chicken shit into chicken salad

UFA splash on what ......another albatross deal

These guys are on high grade shrooms if they think this a one and done retool

Every team in the division has passed us and in much better shape moving forward

You cant fix this mess on as video game Sal
Keep on trying to fight city hall Geeman…

I dunno. I wouldn’t mind watching Forsberg.
He’s having a career year, never been a PPG player and is looking for $8M-$9M… I wouldn’t.

Gaudreau though is intriguing, he’s also having a career year but has done this in the past, but another small guy in an already small lineup.

Begeron + Letang on 3-year deals would be ideal, if Gorton/Hughes are adamant about UFA injection

Then they're not going for a splash, you're replacing the Ben Chiarot types with the equivalent of David Savard type of players in Josh Manson / Andrew Copp types.

I think they'll be looking for a top 4 D with leadership to help the kids on the blue line, especially if both Chiarot and Petry are gone. If there is an opportunity to infuse talent in our top 6 or 9, they should take it as well, but they better trade carefully with UFA forwards.

Will they get UFAs? Almost assuredly. They're going to need players to replace Lehkonen/Chiarot/Petry (probably) because we have nobody in the AHL due to our poor drafting.

Will they "make a splash"? Unless they're willing to massively overpay, nobody in their right mind will come here. Losing team, Canadian taxes & provincial/federal governments restricting people's lives?

The only top UFA I'd give real term for is Hampus Lindholm. Everybody else, no thanks.

And hell, even if we wanted to make a splash, there simply isn't enough money available unless they gut the team. I don't get the feeling that many teams are lining up to get the Drouin & Gallagher deals, and if you're trading players like Edmundsson, you're just going to take the money saved to spend it on another player that is similar to him.

He’s having a career year, never been a PPG player and is looking for $8M-$9M… I wouldn’t.

Gaudreau though is intriguing, he’s also having a career year but has done this in the past, but another small guy in an already small lineup.

Begeron + Letang on 3-year deals would be ideal, if Gorton/Hughes are adamant about UFA injection

Those 2 on 3 years deals is a truly dumb move ..........beyond comical

Forsberg is the exact player teams should love drafting, but should never pay when they're about to hit free agency.

Draft him, get him on a 3 year ELC, re-sign him once or twice for a combination of contracts going from 6 to 9 years, and you either let him walk at the end or trade him.

You make full use of him during his best years without having to pay him outrageous money as he enters the downward part of his career.

Getting a decade +/- of service is its own reward. Re-signing him so that you can keep him in his 30s at a huge caphit? Complete insanity.

Advantage for Bergeron + Letang on 3-year deals: Make both deals min salary + rest paid in bonus since both are US residents, they’re only taxed on min salary and bonus is tax free that’s an approach neither Boston / Pit have at their disposal, and provides leverage position for Habs

Bergeron has also been underpaid his entire duration of current deal, so he’ll be looking to ca$h in…

Last edited:
Forsberg is the exact player teams should love drafting, but should never pay when they're about to hit free agency.

Draft him, get him on a 3 year ELC, re-sign him once or twice for a combination of contracts going from 6 to 9 years, and you either let him walk at the end or trade him.

You make full use of him during his best years without having to pay him outrageous money as he enters the downward part of his career.

Getting a decade +/- of service is its own reward. Re-signing him so that you can keep him in his 30s at a huge caphit? Complete insanity.

but but but ....GGPX there is no history of these players aging badly :D

Advantage for Bergeron + Letang on 3-year deals: Make both deals min salary + rest paid in bonus since both are US residents, they’re only taxed on min salary and bonus is tax free that’s an approach neither Boston / Pit have at their disposal, and provides leverage position for Habs

Bergeron has also been underpaid his entire duration of current deal, so he’ll be looking to ca$h in…

JOKE

Though Kadri’s game is perfectly suited to complement Suzuki’s - he’s approaching 30 and isn’t the biggest guy, who’s played that style for a long time…. there’s strong potential for a quick drop off in performance.

Love the player though, and a marketing bonanza from a business perspective for Habs looking to grow their fanbase, given the size of the Lebanese / North African demographic in Mtl

Though Kadri’s game is perfectly suited to complement Suzuki’s - he’s approaching 30 and isn’t the biggest guy, who’s played that style for a long time…. there’s strong potential for a quick drop off in performance.

Love the player though, and a marketing bonanza from a business perspective for Habs looking to grow their fanbase, given the size of the Lebanese / North African demographic in Mtl
Hey, let's sign Akim Aliu too as maybe Ukranian Montrealers are now looking to blow off some steam by buying Habs gear. Just a thought.

32 in October , wouldnt touch him at all

Gaudreau is the only UFA forward that i would consider splashing for, but he's not a great fit on an already small team. I wouldn't mind Malkin for a few years either, for different reasons.

Back