• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Looking like Marty St. Louis will be the guy

Watching Marty operate his post game press conferences, it's clear why Hughes took a bet on him

Marty is a player friendly coach with lots of passion and ideas for the game

I enjoyed listening to the drunk looking coach who was sweating buckets in a presser

Watching Marty operate his post game press conferences, it's clear why Hughes took a bet on him

Marty is a player friendly coach with lots of passion and ideas for the game

He reminds me of McVay of the Rams

I wasn’t old enough to remember watching Scotty coaching Habs, but I’ve never heard such analytical language come out of a Habs coaches mouth in my lifetime “non-negotiables”, “concept vs system” …

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
When Gord Nixon (Bell Chairman) picks up the phone and rips Molson a new a*shole as to why he’s paying $65M+ a year on TV rights for a full rebuild, the consortium collectively assumes the fetal position begging for forgiveness

Last edited:
Like, the notion of building through free agency sounds nice & all, but if you take a second to look at our situation...

We have the highest total salary in players on a single roster all throughout the NHL, and barring a trade, as it stands our two highest salaried players who are going to be off the books next season are Chiarot ($3.5M) and Lehkonen ($2.3M). Both of which are going to be traded within the next month.

All of our big salary players are here for a while unless we can trade them. Price is unmovable, Weber's on LTIR, Gallagher is going to be difficult, Petry is likely gone but won't be easy, I heard Drouin's going on LTIR soon because his feelings are too hurt to play right now, and Hoffman/Armia are... Hoffman/Armia.

Realistically, we don't have all that much money to spend under the cap. And if you're looking at the list of UFAs, who's really the one guy you'd want to sign?

Malkin? You want to give $9M for 3-4 years for a soon-to-be 36 year old Malkin? $8M for Claude Giroux? $8M for Forsberg, even though we don't really need another high priced winger? Johnny Gaudreau, Kris Letang, Tomas Hertl? Hampus Lindholm, Nazem Kadri? Vincent Trochek? Justin Schultz?

Outside of Lindholm, I wouldn't give a long term contract to any of those players.

Then they're not going for a splash, you're replacing the Ben Chiarot types with the equivalent of David Savard type of players in Josh Manson / Andrew Copp types.

Brace yourself Geeman, the 1 & done retool is entering its final stages…

Brace yourself Sal , another wasted decade of junk

Cant turn chicken shit into chicken salad

UFA splash on what ......another albatross deal

These guys are on high grade shrooms if they think this a one and done retool

Every team in the division has passed us and in much better shape moving forward

You cant fix this mess on a video game Sal

Last edited:
Back