• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

I'm still pro Crouse, would definitely consider Minten as the headliner in a deal for him, no way for Cowan. Philosophically, I think it's a mistake to trade prospects for anything less than what their reasonable potential is. You pay extra stuff on top (picks, rando prospects) as a risk premium and then figure out the salary aspect of the deal. Minten's upside is probably somewhere in that Crouse range, Cowan's is way, way above.

Can't see Crouse costing a top-ish prospect and a 1st. More like either/or and then stuff.

I'd be nervous to part with Minten for Crouse. Crouse feels like one of those guys doing well with opportunity in AZ where someone has to pick up points (Kerf too), and might bomb here. On paper, he's something worthwhile, but in reality, not so sure.

Eh, nobody "has to pick up points". He gets 2nd-3rd line minutes, does ridiculous amounts of heavy lifting (22.5 defensive zone draws per 60 minutes would be 1st by a lot on the Leafs). Is 9th in PP icetime, but 2nd in PPG/60, and also 2nd on the team in G/60 despite the heavy defensive usage (that he treads water in, on a bad team).

Unearned points come from playing higher up the lineup on a bad team, and soaking up PP usage that the player isn't good enough for on a good team. Crouse is producing like a 25-30 goal power forward in heavy defensive usage without 1st unit PP time. That's just good.

Okay, if the underlying numbers say that, I'm impressed and surprised he doesn't get any press.

Also, I have Ritchie withdrawal symptoms. The fact that he went there after us and started putting up pretty decent goal totals scares me when it comes to any under the radar guy playing on a bad team.

Ritchie went on a heater after we got rid of him, but they brought him back the following season and he Ritchie'd again, so meh.

26 years old, term, big and plays like it. Me likey. A guy with skill who plays with some serious jam would really make this forward group look nice.

Minten in a package for a #2/3 D might make more sense though.

Crouse is another guy on a bad southern team getting overrated. Chychrun was a top stud when he played there too. Same with OEL.

They are not getting a Cowen type prospect from anyone.

We need to find an RFA that is unlikely to sign somewhere.. we need our own Sam Reinhart.

Adding a D is still the top priority, so whatever we do, we should do that first and keep all trade capital open for that.

And Hanifin is still the most desirable from the guys most said to be available.

I heard a stat today.. not sure if it’s been brought up already.. Reilly has missed 68 games in his career. The leafs play at a 117 point pace in those games.

Back