• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

Awesome, it's that time of year where we're supposed to add shitty players off of terrible teams to make us better.

- Ferraro is a LHD getting caved in during 2nd pair usage but is their penalty killing guy, signed for 2 more years at 3.25. This feels Jake McCabe-ish to me except for the fact that when McCabe was on dogshit teams, his xGrel% always rocked. Ferraro is just meh on a horrible team, neither dragging them down or doing much at all to make them better.

- Kunin is a 4th line winger cosplaying a 3rd line winger on one of the worst teams in hockey history. There's caved the fuck right in, and then there's whatever it is that happens when Kunin is on the ice. Seriously, what's worse than a cave in? A complete implosion of the fucking planet? 37% xG in pretty light defensive lifting is horrific.

Both of these guys can fuck off and when they're done, fuck off some more.

Awesome, it's that time of year where we're supposed to add shitty players off of terrible teams to make us better.

- Ferraro is a LHD getting caved in during 2nd pair usage but is their penalty killing guy, signed for 2 more years at 3.25. This feels Jake McCabe-ish to me except for the fact that when McCabe was on dogshit teams, his xGrel% always rocked. Ferraro is just meh on a horrible team, neither dragging them down or doing much at all to make them better.

- Kunin is a 4th line winger cosplaying a 3rd line winger on one of the worst teams in hockey history. There's caved the fuck right in, and then there's whatever it is that happens when Kunin is on the ice. Seriously, what's worse than a cave in? A complete implosion of the fucking planet? 37% xG in pretty light defensive lifting is horrific.

Both of these guys can fuck off and when they're done, fuck off some more.
My asshole on burrito night?

Predicting Tre is very tough.

On the one hand, he went after Bertuzzi, Klingberg, basically some of the bigger free agent names. So, he likes big ticket. Also re-upped Willy.

On the other hand, he scooped some serious shit from the bottom of the bin with Reaves. Rumors of other targeted players have often not been promising.

On the other hand, he signed guys like Benoit and kept kids like Knies, Robertson, Woll, Lilly on the roster, so there's some recognition of the value of skill and youth, and cheap depth.

That's three hands, so something doesn't add up, and the guy's only trade was Lafferty for a pick, and he sort of lost that one, so it's really impossible to know what the fuck is going to happen by the deadline. The fact that the Reaves signing was known by the media makes me nervous every time we see rumors of interest in shit players because there's precedent for it actually materializing.

I think Saros could be this year's Ekholm, in terms of how adding 1 player can move the needle.

you're looking for an impact player in an area of need who is also under contract, there's your guy.

I also don’t really believe in putting our eggs into a goalie basket. The most unpredictable, fucked up position. I’d much rather bolster the team around the net.

Back