• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

Good to see we are doing this again and will let Marner have a career year and his cap hit go up this year rather than signing him and instead will panic and sign him in january

Knies - Matthews - Domi
Robertson - Tavares - Marner
McMann - Holmberg - Nylander
Dewar - Kampf - Jarnkrok

PP1: Matthews Marner Nylander Tavares
PP2: Domi Robertson Knies McMann

PK1: Kampf - Marner
PK2: Dewar - Jarnkrok
PK3: Matthews - Holmberg

Good to see we are doing this again and will let Marner have a career year and his cap hit go up this year rather than signing him and instead will panic and sign him in january

What would make you believe that Marner would sign now?

The only leverage Tre has right now would be to tell Marner that he has to consider trading him if he's not signed by some arbitrary date IMO.

Otherwise, Marner has all of the control - and we've seen how Marner handles contract negotiations.

I still can't believe what a dumb move this was for Robby. New coach on a stacked offensive team who just lost their biggest minute LW. Literally no better opportunity in the league for him. Where the fuck did he think he'd be traded to?

Hopefully this doesn't prove to be a character flaw for him and hopefully new coach doesn't hold it against him.

I still can't believe what a dumb move this was for Robby. New coach on a stacked offensive team who just lost their biggest minute LW. Literally no better opportunity in the league for him. Where the fuck did he think he'd be traded to?

Hopefully this doesn't prove to be a character flaw for him and hopefully new coach doesn't hold it against him.
dunno that I'm gonna be able not to hold it against him.

so short sighted. so selfish.

What would make you believe that Marner would sign now?

The only leverage Tre has right now would be to tell Marner that he has to consider trading him if he's not signed by some arbitrary date IMO.

Otherwise, Marner has all of the control - and we've seen how Marner handles contract negotiations.

Here's a reality though: Mitch Marner will never make more $ in another market. He's stuck in Toronto.

Is it even selfish to want to be traded to a likely worse situation? Fucking dummy.
yah fair point. maybe he's just a bitch and all upset about Keefer healthy scratching him so much.

either way, not a good look here for Robbie.

Sad that the best case scenario I’m left hoping for at this point is that Mitch fucks off to some other team in the off-season. Leaving us with nothing in return, but at least not tied to the little shit for $120M over the next eight years.

Should have traded him when we had the chance.

whole thing was weird to begin with given we're talking a player with absolutely zero leverage.

Robertson needs to change agents.

steps forward from Knies and Robertson would take a bite out of losing Bertuzzi's goals. assuming Cowan isn't making the team.

Back