• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

Robertson and his agent are looking for more money - pure and simple. Good situation or not, the Leafs jerking him around is costing him money.

Robertson and his agent are looking for more money - pure and simple. Good situation or not, the Leafs jerking him around is costing him money.

Thing is aside from last year they've actually been pretty aggressive in getting him playing time early and ahead of schedule.

Last year was his first healthy year.

The only thing they didn't do was get him some looks with Matthews. I get that it's because they're both mostly triggermen but I would have liked to see it tried from time to time. But otherwise yeah he got looks.

I guess they think he needs PP time and won't get it here unless there's injury, which is fair.

but still not the kind of stuff to make a trade demand with no leverage imo.

I guess they think he needs PP time and won't get it here unless there's injury, which is fair.

but still not the kind of stuff to make a trade demand with no leverage imo.

I guess maybe they were hoping that since the guys that actually drafted him are all gone, Treliving & co wouldn’t be too attached to him and would be fine with jettisoning him for whatever return they could get.

Eh, Tyler Bertuzzi wasn't the reason he was stuck on the 4th line all year. Bertuzzi not being here isn't enough on it's own for Robertson's camp to assume that he's going to go from being treated like a 12th/13th forward all year, to top 6 with PP time.

Robbie stayed healthy all year and was 9th in overall PP time among forwards, and 12th in minutes at ES. Despite being 5th in ES P/60 (spending a lot of his time with bottom 6'ers), and 5th in PP P/60 (with all of his time coming on the 2nd unit).

I don't blame him for doing whatever he could to demand a bigger role. I don't think it's true at all that his best opportunity was definitely here just because the coach was fired. Now if the org has told him all along since the Sheldon firing that he's going to get a real shot at earning top 9/6 minutes and regular PP duty, sure, fuck that guy. But if Berube is just now talking to the kid and assuring him of his spot on the roster in early September, it does kind of speak to how the org has been communicating with him.

true, but this surgery does actually have a chance of mostly fixing murray's issues. he was decent for us when healthy. I do hope he slips through waivers. Good chance of it now that Dubas isn't here.

Oh I love him as a third goalie. He has real legit upside. But he hasn't been very good in many many years so I'm not holding my breath either!

He's been one of the worst goalies in the league for years. He shouldn't even get AHL starts.

Just let Hildebeast and the Russian play.

I mean he hasn't been great but far from worst.

Last 3yrs, 87 goalies with 1000+ shot attempts against:

.904sv% (#42)
+0.13dfsv% (#44)
+0.06gsax/60 (#43)

just middling and injured.

Meh. Goalies are assholes, so the more lottery tickets we have in the hopper the better.

Would be totally on brand for goalies if this Antony Solar dude was nothing more than a shitty backup, Woll turns back into a pumpkin or gets injured and somehow Murray looks like an all-star & grabs the top spot. Ya never know. I have blind faith in none of them.

Last edited:
We have a 1A who has 120 career professional games played over 5 combined years, with only 36 of those being in the NHL and spread over 3 seasons. We have a 30 yr old 1B who has 108 career NHL games played and a NHL career high of 28. Our best prospect is a 23 yr old who has never faced a shot in the show and has 43 total professional games on this side of the pond, and our 2nd best prospect is a soon to be 23 yr old whose career best season was 17 games in the KHL last year.

With all of that said, I think all 4 goalies are varying levels of intriguing and goaltending being as variable as it is, one or more of them beasting would surprise me roughly as much as all 4 dying in a fire would but with the.....elevated level of uncertainty regarding our goalie group give me every fucking lottery ticket we can get our hands on, and I don't think there's a better lottery ticket in the NHL right now than Murray.

I don't understand. Keefe is gone. Give the new coach a chance, no? As a player why would you care about anything other than playing for a first class organization/playoff team and playing for a coach you don't hate? And as far as I'm aware, he has no reason to hate Berube yet... So.. who is he mad at? The gm? President? Why would they matter? Stop being a bitch.

Maybe Keefe wasn't the issue.

yah fair point. maybe he's just a bitch and all upset about Keefer healthy scratching him so much.

either way, not a good look here for Robbie.

Or he has a legit reason to want out. Wouldn't be the first time the way an injury was handled caused lasting problems.

I think the assumption of it being (only) about opportunity could be wrong.

I know NHLers are not your typical 9 to 5. But just because your immediate supervisor is gone doesn't mean others in the company were not part of the issue.

Back