• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

No Excuses No Limits! The mother fucking goddamn season thread

yeah I mean that can't be the 4th line unless krok is traded so there's not that much to worry about.

and the encouraging thing is that Robertson seems to have definitely won that spot on the Tavares lines so there should be no shenanigans there.

Knies - Matthews - Marner
McMann - Nylander - Domi
Pacioretty - Tavares - Robertson

so.....

Dewar - Holmberg - Jarnkrok
Lorentz - Kampf - Reaves
Cowan - Minten - Grebenkin

all seem to be in competition only for 4th line spots. so something's gotta give. a few things gotta give actually.

Its not as bad as it seems though. Slot Tavares in for holmberg, pushing him to the 4th for Kampf or Lorrentz and jarnkrok in for Reaves....

My fear is that Holmberg is just a placeholder for Tavares. And when JT slots back in, Holmberg drops right out of the lineup, leaving that 4th line intact.

And that Yarncock then probably pushes one of Robertson or McMann straight out of the lineup once he’s healthy.

My fear is that Holmberg is just a placeholder for Tavares. And when JT slots back in, Holmberg drops right out of the lineup, leaving that 4th line intact.

And that Yarncock then probably pushes one of Robertson or McMann straight out of the lineup once he’s healthy.
I'm concerned that you may be onto something.

I'm also concerned about the level of apathy I'm developing for these underachievers

Lorentz-kampf-reaves is the 5th line IMO.

Some form of greby/holmberg-holmberg/kampf-jarny would be the 4th line I hope but who knows.

It does appear that out 2 PTOs had handshake deals in place when they agreed

lol giving up on the experiment already? sure hope not...

"He doesn't stand in the right place after doing it for a week...."

There's no guarantee he would stick there even after a few months of work into it, but I don't know if I've ever seen a profession so obsessed with short term results at the expense of process as NHL coaches are. How do you ever know that you've optimized your lineup if you don't actually fucking try things and measure the results over a meaningful amount of time?

Reactions: CH1
Need to clear waivers:

Jarnkrok - Kampf - Reaves
------------------------------
Dewar - Holmberg - Steeves
Abruzzese

Benoit - Liljegren
-------------------
Rifai - Timmins
Mermis - Myers

--------
Murray

Last edited:
For Knies I'd try 4-5 years at $3ish over paying him big money.

He's more risky than people think when it comes to throwing legit money and term at in an attempt to potentially save money in the future. He's not a PP1 guy on this team at this point in his career (and honestly, not top of the list for PP2 guys either) so counting stats aren't going to jump off the page.

When do we expect him to be better than what we saw out of someone like Bertuzzi last year? That's what 5 millie looks like in free agency. Until he shows us he's at least that with upside to be more, what's the rush in locking him up?

He's more risky than people think when it comes to throwing legit money and term at in an attempt to potentially save money in the future. He's not a PP1 guy on this team at this point in his career (and honestly, not top of the list for PP2 guys either) so counting stats aren't going to jump off the page.

When do we expect him to be better than what we saw out of someone like Bertuzzi last year? That's what 5 millie looks like in free agency. Until he shows us he's at least that with upside to be more, what's the rush in locking him up?
Are you trying to summon LOF?

Back