• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Olympics

Artistic Swimming (aka synchronized swimming) is my daughters sport, she's working hard to make the Canada Games and hoping for a shot at the National Team for an Olympics.
incredibly physically demanding. I used to lifeguard while the synchro team trained. crazy lung capacity, core strength, etc. required.

His post-race interview mentioned a mild hamstring strain too.

Yup. One of the biggest issues for sprinters after 26-27 yrs old is staying healthy with the training load they require. It's the main reason Bolt gave as to why he retired while still the best sprinter in the world. He felt like he just wasn't able to stay healthy for entire sprinting seasons anymore. Gatlin talks a bunch about how he had to restructure and basically reimagine his training routines after 30 to stay as good as he did into his mid 30's and he was a physical freak among physical freaks.

Yup. One of the biggest issues for sprinters after 26-27 yrs old is staying healthy with the training load they require. It's the main reason Bolt gave as to why he retired while still the best sprinter in the world. He felt like he just wasn't able to stay healthy for entire sprinting seasons anymore. Gatlin talks a bunch about how he had to restructure and basically reimagine his training routines after 30 to stay as good as he did into his mid 30's and he was a physical freak among physical freaks.
Gatlin was the Bron of sprinter freakazoids

Back