• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

One or two excuses & probably quite limited! The "ah fuck, here we go again" playoff thread

yeah the lilly-brodie swap was kind of obvious. if we're not going to score we better be as tight defensively as possible.

I think this will force McCabe into more offensive minutes with Rielly on ozone starts, which should be made easier by having an eddie-brodie pairing to help share benoit-mccabe defensive minutes.

this probably also makes McCabe the 2nd unit PP D.....but they've been running 2 dmen on the 2nd PP so maybe this forces them to put robby on the 2nd unit.

and that's actually the more surprising thing about those practice lines - Dewar seems to be in the placeholder matthews spot, not robertson, with robertson on the 4th line. Would be cool if Robby isn't the one dropped for willy......but it would probably be better with Knies or Krok on the 4th line and robby on the 2nd or 3rd line.

but i won't actually believe dewar is dropped ahead of robertson until i see it.

Lilly at this point needs a trade or a completely new regime, because they clearly dont have confidence in him and he's terrified to make mistakes, which in turn causes him to be an unplayable head case.
Not exactly a great trait you want in a player now is it

No it isnt, but this kid, im guessing has been mindfucked since he's been here. Compound that by playing in Toronto and that's alot for anyone to handle.
I love the player and love what he can and should be. But I have little patience for little bitches these days.

I haven't seen the "unplayable" part of his game.

You keep young players in no matter what. If he fails and we're gone, then decide what to do with him in the offseason.

I hate the way they've brought along some of these kids. Lilly would 100% become a first pair stud anywhere we trade him.

Keefe has utterly destroyed and pissed all over this team since he got here. He's inadvertently dismantling everything that could have led to a fucking 2-3 cup dynasty with this core.

There's a lot that I would do as an emotional fan that I maybe shouldn't. They don't mandate that fans must be unemotional. How is that any fun?
That wasn't meant to be a dig.

I would trade Marner for Sorokin.

To me an extension for Marner at this point is probably a non starter

That wasn't meant to be a dig.

I would trade Marner for Sorokin.

To me an extension for Marner at this point is probably a non starter
I have a hard time trading Marner for a guy that isn't gonna be on your top d pair.

As far as goalies go, he's probably a great bet but that's still a tough sell for me even at my most emotional state.

I have a hard time trading Marner for a guy that isn't gonna be on your top d pair.

As far as goalies go, he's probably a great bet but that's still a tough sell for me even at my most emotional state.
I would look for a top end D pair too, but i dunno if

a) thats out there
b) i'd agree with the current GM on what a top pair D is

Sorokin, at minimum is a safe return

I would look for a top end D pair too, but i dunno if

a) thats out there
b) i'd agree with the current GM on what a top pair D is

Sorokin, at minimum is a safe return
There have been like 10 top pair d moved in the last 2-3 years. It's always out there and it will be out there especially if you're offering fucking Marner.

Back