• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

One or two excuses & probably quite limited! The "ah fuck, here we go again" playoff thread

Boston has been up 3-1 a few times already and have choked it away...just keeping hope.

But here'a deal I could see happening.

Marner to LA for Matt Roy and PLD.

Maybe we can flip PLD to Montreal if they want him.

Marner and his wife are made for LA. We get another no show player, but at least he could be a true 3C and when he gets angry can still play. And the young 6'2 dman in Roy

Cook Hosstradamus, cook.

“Between Swayman and the Leafs own failure to execute, they currently own a 5.56 shooting percentage in the playoffs, dead last among the 16 playoff teams.”

after shooting 11.15 percent through 82 regular season games, seventh in the NHL.

I’ve long said the Leafs won’t be able to trade Tavares or Marner, since I don’t believe either of them would waive their NMC’s. But I think they at least have to try this summer.

Strip them both of their letters and make it clear the team won’t be re-signing them and would like to move on. And if either or both stick around, keep them on the third line and off the top PP unit.

(All this comes after firing Shanahan, pizza boy & Keefe of course)

I really don’t want to see another Leaf game with those guys in the lineup or with Keefe behind the bench.

Credit to Swayman for having a great series but that sv% is inflated due to 4 games of 30ft wristers

Reactions: CH1
It's funny that Boosh had been legitimately and by far the most dynamic and dangerous offensive dman on the team this series.
And at the same time, also the worst. He’s constantly pinching, getting caught, and otherwise making boatloads of unforced errors with the puck on his stick. At least half a dozen bad ones last night.

Leafs PP Goals/60 career regular season vs playoffs.

Marner Reg Season: 1.53
Marner Playoffs: 0.34
Drops 78%.

Matthews Reg Season: 3.42
Matthews Playoffs: 1.67
Drops 51%.

Nylander Reg Season: 2.28
Nylander Playoffs: 2.35
Rises 3%.

Back