• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

sure there was selectiveness but then again Trump has some of that argument too.

often, it's only the poors that get convicted of crimes and the rich get away with it, that's what makes it "selective". I don't mind selecting the opposite.
Think you can argue there's some key differences here vs Trump though.

Like a Trump appointee had a plea deal worked out then reneged on it after public pressure from Republicans and then indicted him before seeking the warrants he needed.

vs state charges not connected to the DOJ at all, (your post above).

Regardless though, point was mainly that it worked out pretty badly in the end.

Think you can argue there's some key differences here vs Trump though.

Like a Trump appointee had a plea deal worked out then reneged on it after public pressure from Republicans and then indicted him before seeking the warrants he needed.

vs state charges not connected to the DOJ at all, (your post above).

Regardless though, point was mainly that it worked out pretty badly in the end.

I mean sure there's differences and one is maybe a worse abuse but the fact of the matter is both committed crimes (and many many other crimes) and both deserve to be held accountable.

Hunter committed tons of drug offenses that many many others are in jail longterm for.

Not to mention, it's pretty crazy from a prosecutorial perspective to immunize a gun dealer who's admitted to fraudulently altering forms to cover up that they're selling guns without following proper steps in order to prosecute a buyer.

It's usually the opposite.

Not to mention, it's pretty crazy from a prosecutorial perspective to immunize a gun dealer who's admitted to fraudulently altering forms to cover up that they're selling guns without following proper steps in order to prosecute a buyer.

It's usually the opposite.

yeah but small business owner vs. nepo baby .....I say get the nepo baby.

yeah but small business owner vs. nepo baby .....I say get the nepo baby.

A prosecutor has a duty to ensure that every prosecution is carried out in a manner consistent with the public interest.

Going after a guy committing fraud for the purposes of influencing a presidential election is in the public interest.
Going after a gun shop committing fraud to sell guns to people who shouldn't have em is in the public interest.
Satisfying your rabid nepo baby fixation because the nepo baby addict lied, not really so much.

Back