• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Yeah this is gonna ignite a new firestorm of questions about Biden, unfortunately.

I think people have been guilty in the past of overrating the importance of these debates, so hopefully that's the case this year because this is not going well at all.

I've always been in the debates don't matter camp but... I don't know about this one. I think Biden's potential cognitive decline could be a hot topic for many on the fence. A little worried tbh.
It will be a hot topic anyway. Doesn’t matter how he actually performs.

And anyway, actual swing voters aren’t paying attention to a Thursday night debate in June.

I appreciate the sacrifice of everyone watching.

I'm not. Can't put myself through that. Put me in the camp of it not mattering (much). Biden voters know he's ancient. Trump voters either don't care Trump is a lunatic or also inhabit that universe he's from.

Biden looks old, but what's worse is he's letting Trump get away with some crazy lies, and has yet to get Trump upset.
Sounds like the first Obama-Romney debate. Obama was disengaged and not able to push back against a lot of nonsense from Romney. Much ink was spilled about his demise. Didn’t matter in the least come November.

Also you can’t beat Trump in an argument because you can’t argue with an idiot. Biden (or Newsom or Buttigieg in his place) could have every single clever retort at the ready and Trump’s firehose of garbage would not be affected in the least.

Back