• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Insane move in small caps. this outperformance has not happened since… the 2016 election results… fuck

1721161360663.png

the other think market players are jumping in ahead of Trump/Vance is USD alternatives— Bitcoin, Gold, Silver doing well because if Trump gets his way, the dollar is going to tank

/positions

the other think market players are jumping in ahead of Trump/Vance is USD alternatives— Bitcoin, Gold, Silver doing well

/positions
Pot stocks are the future, my friend. Don't waver, just put all your money in them. You will not be disappointed.

Pot stocks are the future, my friend. Don't waver, just put all your money in them. You will not be disappointed.

Actually, pot is also on a bunch of state ballots this fall and I think they’ll do well in the coming years so I’m holding a decent amount after buying yesterday’s dip

Even old timey value investors are waking up to it

View: https://x.com/dougkass/status/1813260634626355289?s=46&t=ZFoeJpONFeL00lgZvCrr2Q

View: https://x.com/dougkass/status/1813264473391616109?s=46&t=ZFoeJpONFeL00lgZvCrr2Q

Through all its volatility and turbulence, it's one of the better performing assets in the past year. Potentially some big news coming in the next week or so with the rescheduling comment period ending. Could be further delays or maybe not! Perfect storm potential in this current market environment.

/Small position only, I've become boring since the 2020-2021 run

Reactions: CH1
Through all its volatility and turbulence, it's one of the better performing assets in the past year. Potentially some big news coming in the next week or so with the rescheduling comment period ending. Could be further delays or maybe not! Perfect storm potential in this current market environment.

/Small position only, I've become boring since the 2020-2021 run

Yeah. I’m not following the daily gyrations but couldn’t help but notice it had a strong afternoon yesterday after a big morning swoon.

More of a long term hold for me

Yeah. I’m not following the daily gyrations but couldn’t help but notice it had a strong afternoon yesterday after a big morning swoon.

More of a long term hold for me
The perfect storm scenario in 2020 was one of a kind with fundamentals of the corporations looking incredible (100% yoy growth from many) and Biden/the dems looking more likely than not to have a great election. Since then, the companies growth has been largely a story of increased profitability through getting leaner and less of a story of increased revenues. So it's hard to call them growth stocks at this stage (nor are they priced like growth stocks, in fairness). Margins shrinking as markets mature was always a short-term inevitability so it's not like I didn't see it coming! But the constant 30+% qoq revenue increases in 2020 and early 2021 were the kind of headlines that any stock would kill to have. Especially in an environment where capital was essentially free, money was being printed and stimulus checks were being spent on yoloing meme stocks and drugs like weed!

This time it's more of a political "play the hype" story for me, which granted could be huge as we're on the verge of historic game changing legislation. Hard to project the longterm viability of these companies though, as things like branding become the cornerstones for their success.

Reactions: CH1
Back