• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Fwiw, that's almost definitely the vapour trail and not the bullet.
Still an amazing shot. And if it was only vapor it would be in the whole shot. He was snapping multiple shots a second, which you're familiar with I know, however amazing he got it.

Still an amazing shot. And if it was only vapor it would be in the whole shot. He was snapping multiple shots a second, which you're familiar with I know, however amazing he got it.

It's insanely difficult to catch a bullet in flight. If that's the bullet, it's a one in a million shot. If it's the vapour trail, way, way less so.

I could do the camera nerd math if you want, but even with his shutter at 1/8000th (max of the Sony A1 the photographer was using) and his release at 20-30 fps, you're still super unlikely to see the bullet travel (2800 feet per second is real fast). To my knowledge the only image of a frozen bullet caught on camera is by a Z9 (team yellow baby!) at 120 frames per second with a 1/32000 shutter speed.... but framed at the end of the rifle of a sport shooter in a semi controlled test to try to capture a bullet in flight.

At 120 frames per second, this was the frame that captured the bullet:

GS_20220116_Ruhpolding_4491-1.jpg

and this was the next frame taken:

GS_20220116_Ruhpolding_4492-1.jpg

That's a shutter speed 4x the speed of the photo of Trump, with 4-5x the frames per second taken. Also the biathalon rifle fires about 1150 feet per second to an AR's 2800.

Which is why it's incredible. It is not a zero chance. Did you watch his interview.

Regardless the result is the same.

Back