• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Yes this is pure vibes, but it sure felt like the dems had about 10% of the excitement and enthusiasm as the GOP. I think there's value in running a candidate that gets people excited enough to go out and vote. And maybe Kamala isn't that person but after many being resigned to Biden for months, this could get people excited to vote blue again. Turnout will be crucial.

17onpolitics-biden-meme-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600.jpg

It's sort of perfect. They kept Biden around long enough to lower everyone's expectations. Now anything Kamala does or says will be praised!

1721613594670.png

Oh, they absolutely will. It will probably get ugly.

Spending too much time on Dem infighting was a worry for me though.

I think the Dems get a bad rap here. I know they’re far from perfect organisationally, but they’re not exactly #leafy either.

They’ve won 3 out of the last 4 general elections and have exceeded expectations midterm after midterm.

They enjoy a wide base of support, even if we don’t see it reflected on twitter or goofy merchandise worn at rallies.

They needed to change the vibes from “our guy is better even if he has dementia”

Back