• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

I think I’d probably go with Shapiro for VP if it can help with PA.

I lean towards playing it conservative there as well. If you hold the map as it is currently (even assuming that the polling you and I think is bullshit, is in fact accurate), but then lockdown PA and Michigan (with Whitmer stumping, and the union support, I think there's a good chance they pull that out), the path to 270 gets pretty easy. You just need to hold one of AZ or WI, or flip one unexpected race like NC, GA, or even Florida (which Bouzy keeps insisting is plausible)

I would.

In the past the veep was from the other party. Maybe they knew something back then that people forgot.

And it's not a compromise, it's giving the sane Republicans something to vote for. Maga can't win it alone.

Yee. VP used to be whoever got the second most votes.

It wasn’t that the president had grown tired of the drip of defections from within his own party — although he had. Rather, it was that Biden himself was finally convinced of what so many other Democrats had come to believe since his poor debate performance last month: He couldn’t win.
On Friday he thought he could win despite everyone around him telling him he can't and the news coverage laser focused on him dropping out - for weeks.

On Saturday he changed his mind.

That must've been some data that came in that day.

On Friday he thought he could win despite everyone around him telling him he can't and the news coverage laser focused on him dropping out - for weeks.

On Saturday he changed his mind.

That must've been some data that came in that day.

"When the campaign commissioned new battleground polling over the last week, it was the first time they had done surveys in some key states in more than two months, according to two people familiar with the surveys. And the numbers were grim, showing Biden not just trailing in all six critical swing states but collapsing in places like Virginia and New Mexico where Democrats had not planned on needing to spend massive resources to win."

Yup. Sure sounds like it.

If you could go back and tell the dudes in 1804 there’d be a coup attempt in 220 years by a twice impeached prez and the new prez candidate was black woman… they’d probably say gimme the coup guy.

"When the campaign commissioned new battleground polling over the last week, it was the first time they had done surveys in some key states in more than two months, according to two people familiar with the surveys. And the numbers were grim, showing Biden not just trailing in all six critical swing states but collapsing in places like Virginia and New Mexico where Democrats had not planned on needing to spend massive resources to win."

Yup. Sure sounds like it.
Hey, if new polls convinced the guy suddenly after endless polls wallpapered over screens for weeks, then that's that.

It's just hard for me to believe the ego train was finally derailed by some new polls.

Back