• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: American Politics

Fair, that could be it too. Dems technically could have applied this private/public pressure on him a year ago though, or at least before the primaries. But to your point, Joe probably needed to see the data in July with the election a few months away, not last year, to be convinced.
We think Joe saw "data"? He saw a zillion Dems publicly call him out on twitter and doners say they won't pay a penny more to his campaign, and he STILL said "see y'all on Monday!" They had to do something more, and it might've been something involving a threat.

fuck Republicans who refuse to vote for Trump and say he’s a danger but won’t say they’ll vote for Biden either. Spineless
Somebody needs to do a series of interviews with all the former Trump cabinet members that won’t endorse him. People need to hear more, and have it presented in a series format instead of just the occasional retweet of a John Bolton quote.

Also make them explain how they can say Trump is a threat to democracy, but I won’t vote for the other party anyway. Because yeah, that’s BS. It’s not just spineless, it makes no sense.

I’m sure most would refuse but at least a handful would probably like the platform and the legacy.

Respect to Mittens for being one of the only principled elected Republicans when it comes to his opposition to Trump.

But in every other respect, the man’s still a conservative Republican. He’s also a deeply socially conservative man who supported and publicly cheered the overturning of Roe.

So he has no business whatsoever being anywhere near the Democratic ticket. Whether it’s Aaron Sorkin’s fever dream of Romney being the Dem nominee for POTUS, or Habsy’s suggestion that he be Harris’s Veep.

We think Joe saw "data"? He saw a zillion Dems publicly call him out on twitter and doners say they won't pay a penny more to his campaign, and he STILL said "see y'all on Monday!" They had to do something more, and it might've been something involving a threat.

It wasn’t that the president had grown tired of the drip of defections from within his own party — although he had. Rather, it was that Biden himself was finally convinced of what so many other Democrats had come to believe since his poor debate performance last month: He couldn’t win.

So who does everyone have as running mate. Curious to see who nails it.
I think I would prefer Shapiro - (G) Penn - to shore up the Blue Wall. But reading the tea leaves a little from what some are saying... Mark Kelly - Astronaut, Gabby Giffords's Husband and the Jr Sen from Arizona to help sure up that "swing" State.

Maybe the thinking is, The Dem Govs in Penn and Michigan can win those States, while Kelly helps out West.

Respect to Mittens for being one of the only principled elected Republicans when it comes to his opposition to Trump.

But in every other respect, the man’s still a conservative Republican. He’s also a deeply socially conservative man who supported and publicly cheered the overturning of Roe.

So he has no business whatsoever being anywhere near the Democratic ticket. Whether it’s Aaron Sorkin’s fever dream of Romney being the Dem nominee for POTUS, or Habsy’s suggestion that he be Harris’s Veep.
I would do a great job at doing nothing. That's pretty much what veep does anyway. Plus I'd love to get in the gutter with agent orange. Attack dog all the way. But alas I wasn't born here.

I think I would prefer Shapiro - (G) Penn - to shore up the Blue Wall. But reading the tea leaves a little from what some are saying... Mark Kelly - Astronaut, Gabby Giffords's Husband and the Jr Sen from Arizona to help sure up that "swing" State.

Maybe the thinking is, The Dem Govs in Penn and Michigan can win those States, while Kelly helps out West.
I don't think they really need Shapiro to win PA. Kelly makes more sense.

Back